EMMA : 1969 Kaiser Jeepster Commando C101

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately, there's a lot of support out there for the Jeepster Commando and as luck would have it, we were able to track down a set of 4 hub caps with matching (right color) emblems. After a lot of work with some steel wool and some chrome polish, here's what we were able to get them to look like.
main.php

main.php

We were also able to find a new grill medallion in the same color scheme.
main.php

main.php

Finally, here are some all around shots that we took soon after Emma's first drive since bringing her home.
main.php

main.php

Shot of Emma's rear end with new pre-1980 Nevada plate.
main.php

main.php

main.php

A few interior shots.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Looking down and into the tub.
main.php

main.php

Up front shots and up higher.
main.php

main.php

3/4 mug shot.
main.php

Head on mug shot.
main.php

New hub caps installed.
main.php

Looking into the smokey sun.
main.php

main.php

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the new jeep. What a great find.

Thanks! A Jeepster Commando had always been on our short list of Jeeps we've wanted to add to our collection. It took a long time to find just the right one as stock ones like this are hard to come by. We feel real lucky.

I guess I've been under a rock. I completely missed this. Awesome find! Congrats on the new addition! Your work already looks good!

LOL!! Thanks, maybe someday soon you'll be able to see it for yourself. :cool:

Wow! That turned out really nice. :thumb:

Thank you. We've been spending a lot of time working on her and we're pretty happy with how she's coming along.

Holy shit that looks awesome!

But tell the truth, Cindy did the welding didn't she?

:cheesy: Who was that masked welder :crazyeyes:

That's looking great! :yup: Well done!

Thank you. We really appreciate it.

JAGS

Hooked
Damn, the interior looks great! Nicely done and love how you made it all look new and still old at the same time. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Emma is looking good!

Damn, the interior looks great! Nicely done and love how you made it all look new and still old at the same time. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Thank you. We're still debating just how much we want to restore it as there is something to be said about it having an old worn look to it. At the moment, we just want to make it nice to drive and help it along here and there. :)

Rccrwlr

Thank you. We're still debating just how much we want to restore it as there is something to be said about it having an old worn look to it. At the moment, we just want to make it nice to drive and help it along here and there. :)

There are a few products they use on ornamental metal where the rustic rusty look is popular. Stops the rusting process and is clear. May look good for the outside sections.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are a few products they use on ornamental metal where the rustic rusty look is popular. Stops the rusting process and is clear. May look good for the outside sections.

LOL!! Now there's a thought. :crazyeyes:

So ugly, but awesome at the same time. Looks just perfect!!

Thanks! Of all the people I know, you're the one who would understand the allure of a Jeep like this :yup:

JAGS

Hooked

Yup, totally get it. But with more time and rust, that floor board could have been an issue. I like the direction you're going. [emoji106]

Just don't go painting it neon green with ghost flames and I think you'll be alright. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji12]

CastleRockJeep

Emma : 1969 Kaiser Jeepster Commando C101

Oh man I've looked at this posting so many times. I LOVE Emma! Here is a picture of my fathers '70' Lizbeth, that was unfortunately sold in the late 90's. I'm looking hard for one right now though my wife is not quite on board just yet so need to find one cheap!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443232066.840187.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443232125.032377.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh what the hell?!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443474532.952895.jpg

Was driving a long just fine when the idiot oil light came on. Pulled over to see dripping oil coming from what looks like the oil pump area. Hard to tell for sure until I can clean things up. Checked the oil level and the pan is still full. If I could guess, the oil pump is out. Looks like I've got more work ahead of me.

WJCO

Meme King
You mean you didn't ignore the light and keep driving? Every customer I deal with always ignores the light. Get with the program.

Top Bottom