End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

trailless

Caught the Bug
Awesome! Thank you sir!

And as you mentioned, guys, let's keep the alcohol to after the trails. No one wants to be "that guy" and to police things, so I would expect everyone to conduct themselves lawfully and responsibly.

Definitely, drinks at the end of the day. I would have some "polite" things to say to anyone drinking in my group during the trail ride...

trailless

Caught the Bug
Haven't really looked that deep into it but I think the first 30 minutes is just getting to 75 I think

Yeah, I always forget that I'm a 30 second drive from I-75/85.

You had a badass jeep. Maybe I'll try to swing a lift and tires before this run.

hhunter050

Yeah, I always forget that I'm a 30 second drive from I-75/85.

You had a badass jeep. Maybe I'll try to swing a lift and tires before this run.

Yeah you should! And thank you! Idk what day you are heading to NC but if you wanted to meet up and travel together I'd be down. I personally hate traveling long distances by myself even with friends in the car

thardy

Banned
Yeah you should! And thank you! Idk what day you are heading to NC but if you wanted to meet up and travel together I'd be down. I personally hate traveling long distances by myself even with friends in the car

I'm pretty sure we can get a caravan together for those heading up on Friday from the Atlanta area.

Drobo

Seriously considering this trip down from VA. Would have to see if anyone else here is down to go too. Would have to sign up for the easy group since this is my first time ever offloading and owning a jeep lol

hhunter050

Seriously considering this trip down from VA. Would have to see if anyone else here is down to go too. Would have to sign up for the easy group since this is my first time ever offloading and owning a jeep lol

Right on man you should totally come! Off-roading is great but it's even better in a jeep

croge17

would anyone be opposed to primative camping at Deep Water Horse Camp.

Room for as many rv's and tents as we could pack in there but we could all stay in the same place and have a centralized meeting point.

The outpost on a saturday is not a good meeting point because of all the groups trying to get organized there at the same time. I am thinking that the best meet up place for a group as large as what we are shaping up to have is going to be at one of the group camp sites or at the art lilley parking lot. regardless its a long way out so we can nail down those details when we get closer.

jkwebbie

Since we are on the topic of traveling, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the area since I'm from NC and live pretty close to Uwharrie. But the cops here in NC are pretty big dicks to out of staters. The big thing is speeding (speeding in a Jeep lol). But for everyone using the major hwys. Interstate 77 is 65mph in NC until you get north of Statesville, which i doubt any of you go that route. Hwy 421 speed limit is 65mph too and is HEAVILY watched my troopers. Hwy 85 is a mix of 55-65 depending on if your near Charlotte or not. Hwy 64 I'm pretty sure is 55 most of the way, in some places is 65. That goes the same for hwys 73-74. And once you get off the major roads everything will be 55mph unless you're in city limits which will mostly be 35.
I just don't want anyone getting a ticket to ruin their weekend you know!?

thardy

Banned
Since we are on the topic of traveling, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the area since I'm from NC and live pretty close to Uwharrie. But the cops here in NC are pretty big dicks to out of staters. The big thing is speeding (speeding in a Jeep lol). But for everyone using the major hwys. Interstate 77 is 65mph in NC until you get north of Statesville, which i doubt any of you go that route. Hwy 421 speed limit is 65mph too and is HEAVILY watched my troopers. Hwy 85 is a mix of 55-65 depending on if your near Charlotte or not. Hwy 64 I'm pretty sure is 55 most of the way, in some places is 65. That goes the same for hwys 73-74. And once you get off the major roads everything will be 55mph unless you're in city limits which will mostly be 35.

Thank you for info sir!!

hhunter050

Thank you for that! I'm known for having a hot foot. Yes even in a jeep on 37s lol

jkwebbie

No problem fellas! I know that after being on the highway for a long period of time and doing 65-70mph and then going into a 45 or 55mph zone it doesn't feel like you're going that fast so you speed up. And before you know it you're running 70 down some back roads and there sits a cop lol. Ask me how I know this :/

Top Bottom