Enforcers Unite!

JeepJeep75

Well, damn. I only got 2 lines. It's getting installed tomorrow regardless. I just wish I could have it completely finished when I pull it off the rack.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You might be able to get some locally from a shop. The lines aren't EVO specific or anything. Just braided stainless that are 4 or 6 inches longer than stock.

LasVegasJK

You might be able to get some locally from a shop. The lines aren't EVO specific or anything. Just braided stainless that are 4 or 6 inches longer than stock.

Yeah, I'm talking to a guy who has some, but says they are for rear only. And I wanted to make sure the ones I had weren't front/rear specific before I bought his.

JeepJeep75

Yeah, I'm talking to a guy who has some, but says they are for rear only. And I wanted to make sure the ones I had weren't front/rear specific before I bought his.

Interesting. All four of mine were identical. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1485408120.917925.jpg heres a pic of one of the lines installed on the back. I re-routed my hard-lines to the top and inside of the frame rails.

LasVegasJK

Interesting. All four of mine were identical. View attachment 240816 heres a pic of one of the lines installed on the back. I re-routed my hard-lines to the top and inside of the frame rails.

Thanks. It appears as though they are definitely required, so I'll get some locally and just get it done. The ones he has are Currie, and I did see on there website that they are listed as rear brake lines. So if the ones I have will work on the front, then I'll grab the Currie units.

JeepJeep75

Thanks. It appears as though they are definitely required, so I'll get some locally and just get it done. The ones he has are Currie, and I did see on there website that they are listed as rear brake lines. So if the ones I have will work on the front, then I'll grab the Currie units.

You should be fine going that route! [emoji106]

LasVegasJK

ENFORCED!
This is the only picture I have so far.
IMG_1850.jpg
I need a solution for rear sway bar. The links rub on the tires. Are they supposed to be on the inside of the swaybar?im running 35x12.50x17 Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels WITH Spidertrax spacers.

JeepJeep75

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1485619787.974361.jpg I've got the 3 inch Enforcer on mine and the rear sway bar links came REALLY close to rubbing the factory wheels with 1.5 inch ST spacers. So close in fact that I trimmed the bolt down about 3/8 inch. I don't the links would fit if they were mounted on the inside of the sway bar between the bar and the frame.

LasVegasJK

View attachment 241136 I've got the 3 inch Enforcer on mine and the rear sway bar links came REALLY close to rubbing the factory wheels with 1.5 inch ST spacers. So close in fact that I trimmed the bolt down about 3/8 inch. I don't the links would fit if they were mounted on the inside of the sway bar between the bar and the frame.

Actually through my investigations this morning, I could get them in and they don't touch the tire. However, when I installed them Thursday night my axle was at full droop because I had it on a lift, and I could be wrong, but does the track bar shift the axle to the passenger side when the springs are fully decompressed. So my question now is, will this be an issue when my suspension cycles all the way to the bottom.

JeepJeep75

Actually through my investigations this morning, I could get them in and they don't touch the tire. However, when I installed them Thursday night my axle was at full droop because I had it on a lift, and I could be wrong, but does the track bar shift the axle to the passenger side when the springs are fully decompressed. So my question now is, will this be an issue when my suspension cycles all the way to the bottom.

Yes to both parts of your question. Yes your axle will shift over to the passenger side upon full droop. It's just the way the end of the track bar moves in its arc. And yes, that COULD be a problem if the sway bar link starts rubbing the tire. It'll only rub during times of extreme flexing or droop, but that time will be on the trail, far from home and or help. That's why I took the precautionary step to trim my bolt down.

Your best bet is to fully cycle your suspension in the driveway without the springs in so you can assess and fix any problems. Just hoping that everything will work out by hitting the trail before any testing is kinda risky.

LasVegasJK

Yes to both parts of your question. Yes your axle will shift over to the passenger side upon full droop. It's just the way the end of the track bar moves in its arc. And yes, that COULD be a problem if the sway bar link starts rubbing the tire. It'll only rub during times of extreme flexing or droop, but that time will be on the trail, far from home and or help. That's why I took the precautionary step to trim my bolt down.

Your best bet is to fully cycle your suspension in the driveway without the springs in so you can assess and fix any problems. Just hoping that everything will work out by hitting the trail before any testing is kinda risky.

That will be tomorrow's project.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Oh well mine hits the tire at full droop as well but when fully Flexed out on the trail it doesn't hit. I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom