Escondido Draw Recreation Area. April 8-10

Exodus 4x4

Sliders, rear tire carrier, and gears will be ordered ASAP. the issue is LOD's 3 week build time...

What gears you going with? Don't you manual guys go with 4.88s and 37s? If you didn't care and were closer I'd give you the 4.88s I took out of mine.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What gears you going with? Don't you manual guys go with 4.88s and 37s? If you didn't care and were closer I'd give you the 4.88s I took out of mine.

I appreciate the offer, I was planning on 5.13s but ill shoot you a pm and maybe we can work out a deal with shipping? In all honesty, the gears will likely be installed in the jeep before I even receive my sliders and tire carrier from LOD.

That being said, I haven't decided on gear brand or install kit. Thinking revolution or yukon, but for the instal kits, I have heard mixed reviews on Timken (g2) install kit shims, so at the expense of another thread jack, I am open to suggestions.

Exodus 4x4

I appreciate the offer, I was planning on 5.13s but ill shoot you a pm and maybe we can work out a deal with shipping? In all honesty, the gears will likely be installed in the jeep before I even receive my sliders and tire carrier from LOD.

That being said, I haven't decided on gear brand or install kit. Thinking revolution or yukon, but for the instal kits, I have heard mixed reviews on Timken (g2) install kit shims, so at the expense of another thread jack, I am open to suggestions.

I bought Revolution for my 5.13s and Yukon for my 4.88s. It honestly doesn't matter. I think the master install kit was from Motive. With the little bit of mileage you have I don't think you need a master kit, but maybe just a minor kit. I'd call Tim at Trail Jeeps and he'll line you out and get you what you need. If you decide you want them let me know. I'll be back around them Thursday but gone again until Monday.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thanks Dave. Yeah it's getting close so those of you that still plan on going, keep in mind that Texas OHV decals are required. I posted the link for the decal in the beginning of the thread.

Oh man, I wish the trip was longer for this drive... yikes...

Attachments

• 1457660503209.jpg
    1457660503209.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 42

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I couldn't get Friday off, so won't leave till later. Did you get everything lined up?

Sliders will be here Thursday (LOD)

And I have not received shipping info from Trail jeeps yet regarding my gears. But I don't know if all the ducks will lay in a row for this trip or not. If I can't make it, then we'll just have to schedule another trip... lol maybe involve big bend while we are over there. But I'm going to try like hell to make it work.

BobbyGTX

And I have not received shipping info from Trail jeeps yet regarding my gears. But I don't know if all the ducks will lay in a row for this trip or not. If I can't make it, then we'll just have to schedule another trip... lol maybe involve big bend while we are over there. But I'm going to try like hell to make it work.

Nice man! Did you get a deal on the sliders?

Exodus 4x4

I'd give Tim a call today and ask him what's up with the gears. Same thing happened when I ordered mine so I called him on a Friday and he kind of said "oh shit". Had my gears by the following Tuesday. They're still trying to figure out the whole retail thing, but it's the whole customer service thing you get afterwards is the reason to shop there.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'd give Tim a call today and ask him what's up with the gears. Same thing happened when I ordered mine so I called him on a Friday and he kind of said "oh shit". Had my gears by the following Tuesday. They're still trying to figure out the whole retail thing, but it's the whole customer service thing you get afterwards is the reason to shop there.

Well I just ordered the gears yesterday morning. But if I don't hear from them today, I'll give them a call.

Exodus 4x4

Following up, just received tracking info. Shipped via fedex. ETA still pending.

They're pretty good about it. You should have them by Wednesday, so we'll be looking forward to your write up on your gear install. Should have them done at least by Friday.

Fortunate

A few of us out of Midland were out there a few weeks ago clearing the 101 and the rim trail. Do you guys mind if we plan on meeting you there on that Saturday to help clear some trails?

Top Bottom