Evo Draglink Flip Kit Question

Devallee

I did move the steering wheel a lot during the install yes. I don't fully understand though; isn't the coupler supposed to be what adjusts the drag-link if it is off? So what you are saying is that you unbolted the drag-link (on the passenger side knuckle), did you then screw in the drag-link further into that coupler (or out depending on your turning radius)? I thought just turning the coupler would make the necessary adjustment. Could you explain in further detail what your steps were? It would really help me out.

Well when I was installing it I ended up putting the drag link too far into the coupler. (Not sure if this is your problem but I screwed the new drag link all the way into the coupler until it was touching the other end coming from the pitman arm) So I unbolted the knuckle side, turned my wheel where I thought it should be, and unscrewed the drag link from the coupler until it reached the knuckle, then tightened everything back up and I still had plenty of room to turn the coupler to center my steering wheel. The coupler is meant to adjust the steering wheel but it's very fine adjustments. I was off by almost a half turn and didn't have enough thread in the coupler to make that adjustment. That's when I had the idea to unscrew it a little and it worked perfectly. Hope this helps

zeddjb

Well when I was installing it I ended up putting the drag link too far into the coupler. (Not sure if this is your problem but I screwed the new drag link all the way into the coupler until it was touching the other end coming from the pitman arm) So I unbolted the knuckle side, turned my wheel where I thought it should be, and unscrewed the drag link from the coupler until it reached the knuckle, then tightened everything back up and I still had plenty of room to turn the coupler to center my steering wheel. The coupler is meant to adjust the steering wheel but it's very fine adjustments. I was off by almost a half turn and didn't have enough thread in the coupler to make that adjustment. That's when I had the idea to unscrew it a little and it worked perfectly. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. I'll probably do exactly that soon. For now it's not a huge deal, but when I have time I'll work on that. I also need to replace my track bar; I spoke with someone from off road evolution and he told me that I should put my stock track bar back on now that I have the flip kit installed.

I asked him if I could/should upgrade to say a Currie front track bar and he suggested that I don't and also that it may not fit because it may be too long. Honestly, I don't mind re-installing the OME track bar so long as it fits :)

Top Bottom