Evo Mini liner

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I ordered a set for my Jeep. I agree that they won't really protect anything, but IMO they look better and more finished than the open exposed crap behind it.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Here we go again

I know, right?

Isn't the main wiring harness right there? I'd pay $30 to have that protected.

I tried to argue this point with Eddie and others and got shot down. I did quite a bit of Google searching and found NOT ONE failure of the wiring harness due to mud/gravel/rocks. Not one. So I give up and concede that I am wrong, that this is not really a necessary item to put on my Jeep.

They remind me of these. Neither one does much to protect anything but they are nice to look at!

View attachment 210287

Yes, they are nice to look at.... the shields I mean -Said the Happily Married Man right here.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My .02.

I have no issues with someone spending a little money because they like the looks of something. After all, the EVO rear bumper fascia serves no real purpose other than a stable place to rest a beer at camp (after driving of course). I have no hate for these shields either provided people buy them for the looks and not because they actually believe they are providing needed protection.

Now, when it comes to these shields, I would rather see the OEM parts...unencumbered by such needless material. ;)

DKjeep

Isn't the main wiring harness right there? I'd pay $30 to have that protected.

Except there is a fucking hole right in the middle that lets anything through.

Oh yea because the stock plastic ones are so much better than these EVO ones made if metal?

If the objective is to keep shit out of the engine bay the stock liners are 10000x more effective. If the objective is to look cool at the mall, well the choice is clear.

I'm not knocking the product but don't fool yourself into thinking its protecting anything. It does look better than no liner at all.

JKRicky

If the objective is to keep shit out of the engine bay the stock liners are 10000x more effective. If the objective is to look cool at the mall, well the choice is clear.

Good to know these will help my cool status at the mall. Just got mine today.

jkwebbie

I'm not knocking the product but don't fool yourself into thinking its protecting anything. It does look better than no liner at all.

I ordered them because my stock ones are broke and just flap in the wind now, and I would rather have EVOs than nothing at all. Yea they do look a lot better, but I just don't want big rocks and tree limbs hitting those connectors and messing something up that I can't fix on the trail.

Hammmerhead

They're not water proof, they're simply a shield. The EVO cutout is just that, sure water will pass, but at least it will cover up the ugly wad of plugs there.

Besides, some people here have custom coil over setups and can't run a factory liner and/or may not want to, this allowing them at least some protection and better looks.

Surely you have something on your Jeep that serves less purpose than this?

DKjeep

They're not water proof, they're simply a shield. The EVO cutout is just that, sure water will pass, but at least it will cover up the ugly wad of plugs there.

Besides, some people here have custom coil over setups and can't run a factory liner and/or may not want to, this allowing them at least some protection and better looks.

Surely you have something on your Jeep that serves less purpose than this?

I am not knocking this thing, just the thought that its doing anything other than being cosmetic. The type of people who buy this stuff also bought an angry birds grill.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I am not knocking this thing, just the thought that its doing anything other than being cosmetic. The type of people who buy this stuff also bought an angry birds grill.

There is definitely some serious knocking of this thing going on from you. Buying something like this is nowhere close to buying one of those hideous grills. Shit if that's the case, anyone with a Mopar fuel door or any kind of tail gate vent delete might as well have an angry bird grill.

Last edited:

Kapica

I definitely see both sides to this Evo liner. I see its not necessary and most likely for looks. However, for the price i think it would be nice just to finish off my inner fender. No i dont think its like the angry bird grills... Thanks for the comment!

DKjeep

There is definitely some serious knocking of this thing going on from you. Buying something like this is nowhere close to buying one of those hideous grills. Shit if that's the case, anyone with a Mopar fuel door or any kind of tail gate vent delete might as well have an angry bird grill.

Maybe the angry bird grill comment was over the top. I don't think you get my angle at all. I am absolutely not knocking the product. I am knocking the notion that it does anything besides look pretty. If I was in a situation where I couldn't run any type of traditional liner from any of the manufacturers I would get these purely to cover up some of the unsightly mess that lives in there.

Hammmerhead

Wrong. Now you're not only knocking the EVO product, which is fine, but you're pissing on the list of people here that are buying it. That's not very cool.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

Got mine today!!!!!!!

I got mine! Are you guys going to clear coat them or paint? I am just curious because aluminum can oxidize.

Maybe the angry bird grill comment was over the top. I don't think you get my angle at all. I am absolutely not knocking the product. I am knocking the notion that it does anything besides look pretty. If I was in a situation where I couldn't run any type of traditional liner from any of the manufacturers I would get these purely to cover up some of the unsightly mess that lives in there.

Wrong. Now you're not only knocking the EVO product, which is fine, but you're pissing on the list of people here that are buying it. That's not very cool.

Agreed.

No reason to impose wills on others. Let them spend their money anyway they want. This is America and we don't need permission from others, much less have it turn into a pissing match.

Meanwhile, the liner may not provide 100% protection, but it does offer some form of protection. How much, not sure since I have not seen one in person. Yes, it has the EVO emblem cut out, but then, it might just stop a branch or twig from sticking that area (Ask me how much I hate sticks). Emphasis on might. Need, not really, but cool, definitely. Mel Wade makes great stuff and is a very astute business man.

Congratulations to the people that purchased. I hope to see one in person and get a feel for it before I send even more money to EVO. They certainly have a bunch from me already, which I would gladly pay again given the results I have seen from their products.

JKRicky

I honestly can give two shits about what this guy or anyone thinks. My money, my Jeep.

Top Bottom