Evo Mini liner

DannyD

I honestly can give two shits about what this guy or anyone thinks. My money, my Jeep.

Isn't that what makes the jeep so great you do what you like regardless of popular opinion you can do what makes you happy and feel good about it?!

Oh and all the off road capability is pretty nice too[emoji4]

benatc1

Hooked
My .02.

I have no issues with someone spending a little money because they like the looks of something. After all, the EVO rear bumper fascia serves no real purpose other than a stable place to rest a beer at camp (after driving of course). I have no hate for these shields either provided people buy them for the looks and not because they actually believe they are providing needed protection.

Now, when it comes to these shields, I would rather see the OEM parts...unencumbered by such needless material. ;)

Sharkey you make a good point, i may look at these based on the fact that after i cut my fenders i dont love the unfinished look under there. its been stated multiple times on the forum that there is no real reason to have the inner fender in there and as Sharkey said get them for what they are just dont try to justify it with them being there for protection.

utiadam

LOSER
I bought these because i wanted a more finished look just like others have mentioned. I have the Evo bolt on coilover kit which makes it hard to find inner fender liners. I had thought about the JCR liners but at nearly $300 that wasn't gonna happen. For $60 I'm glad i bought these and would buy again.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467260703.807160.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467260726.085632.jpg

Btw I don't have an angry bird grille lol

utiadam

LOSER
Utiadam - That bolt looks pretty long in the top pic. Is it going to eat your tire?

Nothing a cutoff wheel can't fix. :thumb:

It's the stock bolt and I haven't noticed anything hitting the tire yet. The liners only come with nuts that go on top of the existing bolts. I'll get it with the cutoff wheel at work tomorrow though. If nothing else it will make it look better. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just put mine on. I'm liking not seeing all the wires and stuff.

I see you added a fuel hose or something like it to help protect your reservoir hose on the 2nd pic. I would definitely add one to the other side as well AND check them from time to time. I can GUARANTEE that this shield WILL cut through the hose if you don't.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I see you added a fuel hose or something like it to help protect your reservoir hose on the 2nd pic. I would definitely add one to the other side as well AND check them from time to time. I can GUARANTEE that this shield WILL cut through the hose if you don't.

Shit, good eye. I can see that rubbing a hole in the hose.

Rubicon john

I'm adding the hose to the other side as we speak. Just wanted to throw some pics up real quick. Thanks for looking out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Shit, good eye. I can see that rubbing a hole in the hose.

Even with something to help protect the reservoir hose, I've had them get cut through just from having them pushed up against the smooth rounded plastic on the driver side. I've also had a line get cut through just from making contact with the well rounded corner on the body in the rear. I've also had power steering ram assist lines that were protected get cut through just from making contact with a metal bracket. High pressure hoses do NOT like making contact with anything.

Top Bottom