Evo Mini liner

tgoss

Anyone have these things? I just got a set and debating on keeping my factory inner fender liner (trying to install the EVO ones over top of the factory). Or should I just ditch the factory liner all together?

I used both.... I'll try to get you a pic.

WJCO

Meme King
Just went out for a look, there's only one bolt holding the factory inner liner one yeah? And it's the main bolt for the EVO liner right?

2 on each side. The firewall has existing studs that you add new EVO nuts too. It's easier to feel them rather than see them when you do the install.

IMG_20170105_161744_434.jpg

IMG_20170105_161846_109.jpg

IMG_20170105_161859_303.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Just went out for a look, there's only one bolt holding the factory inner liner one yeah? And it's the main bolt for the EVO liner right?

Sorry, I misread your post. I honestly don't remember on the OEM liner. We used a Dremel in a few spots to rip that shit out. My gut feeling is that there was one of two up front as well.

Jimmypaget

Sorry, I misread your post. I honestly don't remember on the OEM liner. We used a Dremel in a few spots to rip that shit out. My gut feeling is that there was one of two up front as well.

Thanks WJCO! I'll just rip the whole thing out this weekend. I remember when I did my fender cut only removing one, maybe two bolts. Thanks for the rapid responses though!

tgoss

There are 2 threaded holes in the apron that you can put 2 10mm bolts into with large washers that will secure the top of the factory liner after you trim it up.

I just drilled a small hole at the bottom and used zip ties against some hardlines to keep it from flapping around. I just didn't like looking at all the other crap in the wheel well and this cleaned it up well enough.

32010673911_2867f92ebc_b.jpg

J

JKDream

There are 2 threaded holes in the apron that you can put 2 10mm bolts into with large washers that will secure the top of the factory liner after you trim it up.

I just drilled a small hole at the bottom and used zip ties against some hardlines to keep it from flapping around. I just didn't like looking at all the other crap in the wheel well and this cleaned it up well enough.

32010673911_2867f92ebc_b.jpg

That is a beautiful jeep.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
My .02.

I have no issues with someone spending a little money because they like the looks of something. After all, the EVO rear bumper fascia serves no real purpose other than a stable place to rest a beer at camp (after driving of course). I have no hate for these shields either provided people buy them for the looks and not because they actually believe they are providing needed protection.

Now, when it comes to these shields, I would rather see the OEM parts...unencumbered by such needless material. ;)

A reappearance of a certain disgruntled member, brought this thread to mind. I just purchased these, and it was solely for looks. I cut my fenders. My wife thinks I needed them for protection, though, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom