EVO rock sliders- welding question and what to coat them with?

mds22

The whole derailment started here. Why was he attacked over building his own sliders? He can build whatever he wants for his Jeep, even if it looks identical and has an E V and an O on it. He's not selling sliders and didn't rip anyone off.

I have to agree with this (but not about putting EVO on them). If he's not selling and only building for himself, what's the problem?
I think he did a good job.

T&ERun

LOSER
Agreed. Same bullshit on this site as always.

Oh, and before it starts I'm not leaving because I do like the site. Just don't like a lot of the bullshit that goes along with it.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
(BTW-Chromalloy tig welded sliders may be a little better, just saying. I'm not saying I could build those though ;) )

I would shy away from that. while a 4130 Chromoly Steel is relatively strong at 66ksi yield, it also has a Rockwell B of 95. Making it MUCH to brittle IMO for something that will take multiple impacts. It will be more likely to shear. This is exactly why DOM is used. DOM (AISI 1008) has a much more favorable mechanical balance for absorbing impacts (44ksi yield, Rockwell B 49)

Agreed. Same bullshit on this site as always.

Those damn facts... :clap2: :crazyeyes:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I generally hate harbor freight- but I ordered a 4x6 welding blanket and some leather arm sleeves since I'll be welding overhead. Reading through the reviews the fiberglass blanket can double as a blanket for my Weber smoker in the winter! Score! Hopefully I won't burst into flames.

T&ERun

LOSER
Fact is somebody posted a picture of a part they made for THEIR Jeep, not something they are selling and making money on, and somebody ripps them for it. My bad on the chromoly, you are correct. I wasn't thinking right. This isn't the first time someone has built something for their selves, post a pic of it on here and get hammered for it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Fact is somebody posted a picture of a part they made for THEIR Jeep, not something they are selling and making money on, and somebody ripps them for it. My bad on the chromoly, you are correct. I wasn't thinking right. This isn't the first time someone has built something for their selves, post a pic of it on here and get hammered for it.

Fact is we told them to fuck off too.

Design your own shit and build it, don't copy someone's and expect praise.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The whole derailment started here. Why was he attacked over building his own sliders?...Don't attack this guy for getting his hands dirty and making his own parts.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend you? Guess how many fucks given.

I have in the past, and will continue in the future, to bust the balls of those people who blatantly copy the design of a manufacturer (whoever it is) rather than spend the money to reward the manufacturer for the design they created. DYI all you want...just be original. I could give two shits if you only make it for yourself. Copying somebody else's work (who tries to make a living doing that work) is cheesedick in my opinion.

dwvninety

Why was he attacked over building his own sliders? He can build whatever he wants for his Jeep, even if it looks identical and has an E V and an O on it. He's not selling sliders and didn't rip anyone off. Don't attack this guy for getting his hands dirty and making his own parts.

Same bullshit on this site as always.

Fact is somebody posted a picture of a part they made for THEIR Jeep, not something they are selling and making money on, and somebody ripps them for it. This isn't the first time someone has built something for their selves, post a pic of it on here and get hammered for it.

List.jpg

mcgyvr

Finally.. some MEME's.. I thought the Gatekeepers were starting to get soft..
Thanks to those that liked my sliders I'll continue to post anything else I build.. Good to see some enjoy something "built not bought" around here.. I build when I can and buy when I can't and there is nothing I won't install myself..

And to the Gatekeepers and your minions.. Great job.. Keep up the good work.. Without you guys this place would be overrun with those that can't take it or those just here to break the site rules.
I can take it and find it pretty funny and honored to have some of the greats here trying to see what I'm about.. Feels a bit like a dog sniffing my butthole.. It tickles.. :yup:
Now a few more classic "fuck offs". :yawn37: Maybe another MEME or 2 and I'll feel right at home. :thankyou:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks to those that liked my sliders I'll continue to post anything else I build.. Good to see some enjoy something "built not bought" around here.. I build when I can and buy when I can't and there is nothing I won't install myself..

And to the Gatekeepers and your minions.. Great job.. Keep up the good work.. Without you guys this place would be overrun with those that can't take it or those just here to break the site rules.
I can take it and find it pretty funny and honored to have some of the greats here trying to see what I'm about.. Feels a bit like a dog sniffing my butthole.. It tickles.. :yup:
Now a few more classic "fuck offs". :yawn37: Maybe another MEME or 2 and I'll feel right at home. :thankyou:

Since you asked...........

7b14f66d1fa8394c4735348eb7ab3b78.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
I was good with my thread here until it got to "tickled buttholes" :icon_crazy:

I'll report back when I get the sliders and burn them on.

mcgyvr

I was good with my thread here until it got to "tickled buttholes" :icon_crazy:

I'll report back when I get the sliders and burn them on.

Good luck man.. you can do it!!..
Sorry bout the b-hole.. I thought that was pretty FUNNY... :cheesy:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

DUDE!? wtf? We were here having a civilized conversation then you go throw a wrench into the mix. Then you have the audacity to bitch about the response? :doh:

5e9739fee6d64aaab301c55da9c8b7336ce1078e9682f70aa66203f2de3302a4.jpg

Top Bottom