Evo Rock Star Skids

jesse3638

Hooked
I know there are other companies that make rear upper shock relocation brackets to be installed with lower shock relocation brackets such as the EVO Rockstar skids. This is to mitigate the need for new shorter shocks or larger bump stops. They do seem to change the angle of the shock so I'm sure they probably change the ride characteristics a bit. Can anyone who has installed the upper relocation brackets offer up some advice.

pastorwug

Got my Rock Stars today (thanks Northridge) and will install this weekend, these instructions sure help. :clap2:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes they are bolt on. You need to cut the shock mount, sway bar mount and control arm mount. The rest is bolt on.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Sorry, I removed my question after I clicked the link up top and realized that they are indeed bolt on. Will add these to the spring mods list. :D

JK's JK

Banned
Nope, an accessory I'm told. Looking at the install it doesn't seem too hard.

BTW - I don't have coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I really thought you have rear CO's....:thinking: Congrats on the rock stars :rock:

Tcdawg

jesse0920 said:
I know there are other companies that make rear upper shock relocation brackets to be installed with lower shock relocation brackets such as the EVO Rockstar skids. This is to mitigate the need for new shorter shocks or larger bump stops. They do seem to change the angle of the shock so I'm sure they probably change the ride characteristics a bit. Can anyone who has installed the upper relocation brackets offer up some advice.
What advice are you looking for? I use synergy's upper and lower shock relocation brackets. The lowers move the bottom of the shock up about 1.5 inches(and I have the ones that include the skid). The uppers move the upper mount up an equal distance so no need to change shocks. The upper does change the angle a little, nothing I notice though as far as ride quality. No binding that I can tell.

pastorwug

Printing the first few pages of this thread - finally, today is the day of installation.
Hoping to fit my Jeep inside the garage where the pavement if flat, my driveway is too much of an incline to be safe jacking it up.

pastorwug

Six hours, 10@ 4" cut-off discs, and some prayer from my wife - it's done!
The passenger side went twice as fast as the driver side simply because of the learning curve.

As in the pictures above I had to take some off the top of the shock ears for my shocks to fit in the EVO Rock Stars.
Might as well just do it since the King Res shocks didn't fit, maybe other brands do. :thinking:

Good luck Aussie!

StrizzyChris

Thinking about this now aftyer being done - get a Sawzall - seems like it would be way better than cut-off wheels on a 4" grinder. :twocents:

That's what we did on mine. Its a lot of welds to cut through so its not fast, but a sawzall is the way to go and clean it up with a grinder. :yup:

Top Bottom