Evo Rock Star Skids

mstrofpuppets

Actually what I told you was that you NEED to cycle your suspension with your coils OUT to find where your systems bumps out at. I also said that your shocks might work as they sit but you might need to add BUMP STOPS to your axle as to NOT bottom you shock. You mentioned that you have no bump stop pads now and approx 6" between your factory bump stop and your axle and you have approx 4" of shock shaft showing (ALL AT RIDE HEIGHT). This all means that your shocks are ALREADY going to bottom out before you bump out already and the RockStars would make it worse.

As far as the shock length, yes I had it backwards, a shorter shock not a longer shock. (yes I do make mistakes from time to time :shock:) But that being said, your are going to need bump stop pads so that you do not bottom your shock out. But you said you didnt want to run any, you didnt like the idea of running bump stop pads.

But you can run them how you choose...

You are correct, you did tell me all that. I was in no way trying to throw you under the bus. I did state that I was impressed with the detail in which you explained that over the phone. My apologies for not explaining our entire conversation. I have no issues running bump stops, just that 4" bump stop seems like an awful lot????

2011 JKUR, manual trans and some other stuff.....

ChaosNein

You are correct, you did tell me all that. I was in no way trying to throw you under the bus. I did state that I was impressed with the detail in which you explained that over the phone. My apologies for not explaining our entire conversation. I have no issues running bump stops, just that 4" bump stop seems like an awful lot????

2011 JKUR, manual trans and some other stuff.....

Oh I took no offense, just trying to make it less confusing for you...

JKWrang

Bringing this back - so basically the consensus i got was rockstars probably require slightly longer bump stops as well...?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bringing this back - so basically the consensus i got was rockstars probably require slightly longer bump stops as well...?

Yes potentially. The way to figure out if you need longer ones is to measure the gap between the bump stop and measure the amount of exposed shock. If you have about 2" more of exposed shock then you do between the bump stops then your good. Example: 5.5" of shock and 3" gap for the bump stop your good to go. 4" of shock and 3" gap for bump stop then you need longer bumps.

JKWrang

Yes potentially. The way to figure out if you need longer ones is to measure the gap between the bump stop and measure the amount of exposed shock. If you have about 2" more of exposed shock then you do between the bump stops then your good. Example: 5.5" of shock and 3" gap for the bump stop your good to go. 4" of shock and 3" gap for bump stop then you need longer bumps.

Thats a way clearer explanation. Thanks

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The evo bolt on kit uses rock stars. You'll be one step ahead of the game.

I was under the impression that they were different somehow. Look like I was wrong and I might be getting them sooner. Thanks. :thumbup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I was under the impression that they were different somehow. Look like I was wrong and I might be getting them sooner. Thanks. :thumbup:

I know the track bar bracket is different. But the skids should be the same.

Top Bottom