Evo Rock Star Skids

BaddestCross

I haven't installed mine yet, but I had the same question. Rancho told me that they generally recommend going a size lower unless you're doing something else to make up the difference such as a spacer or raised upper brackets.

seansheds

I haven't installed mine yet, but I had the same question. Rancho told me that they generally recommend going a size lower unless you're doing something else to make up the difference such as a spacer or raised upper brackets.

That's what I figured. Thanks

jesse3638

Hooked

Reviving the thread. I'm looking at installing rock star skids and while I'm at it going to replace my 5100's. I'm looking to go with the RS9000XL's. I am currently running a Full traction 3" LA lift with 3" bumps. Just want to make sure I get the correct shocks. Would I be best going with the 0-2" rear Rancho® Part #: RS999328 and 4" fronts Rancho® Part #: RS999329 or would there be a better option? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

J

JKDream

Reviving the thread. I'm looking at installing rock star skids and while I'm at it going to replace my 5100's. I'm looking to go with the RS9000XL's. I am currently running a Full traction 3" LA lift with 3" bumps. Just want to make sure I get the correct shocks. Would I be best going with the 0-2" rear Rancho® Part #: RS999328 and 4" fronts Rancho® Part #: RS999329 or would there be a better option? Any help is much appreciated thanks.
I'd go four inch rears as well. With a 3 inch bumpstops you should still have clearance and maximize travel. 0-2 inch shock are really short, even with the bracket moved up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Jesse let me know what you think pf the switch! Im so torn on which ones. 5100's or 9000's. Ive had both on diff vehicles in the past but going to need new shocks soon for the JK. I know both are very reputable.

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

jesse3638

Hooked
Jesse let me know what you think pf the switch! Im so torn on which ones. 5100's or 9000's. Ive had both on diff vehicles in the past but going to need new shocks soon for the JK. I know both are very reputable.

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!
My 5100's are leaking and I feel are most likely blown. That's why I was looking into the Rancho's. Plus with the rebate they are a good deal.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I'd go four inch rears as well. With a 3 inch bumpstops you should still have clearance and maximize travel. 0-2 inch shock are really short, even with the bracket moved up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't know but my rear shocks that match my front lift seem so long I think my coils would fall right out, thinking about going shorter myself

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

chipper

Reviving the thread. I'm looking at installing rock star skids and while I'm at it going to replace my 5100's. I'm looking to go with the RS9000XL's. I am currently running a Full traction 3" LA lift with 3" bumps. Just want to make sure I get the correct shocks. Would I be best going with the 0-2" rear Rancho[emoji768] Part #: RS999328 and 4" fronts Rancho[emoji768] Part #: RS999329 or would there be a better option? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Looks like I forgot to post an update on how mine worked out. After cycling the suspension. I ended up having to stay with the 330 for the rear. And changed out the front to the 331. For my suspension, a 3" Evo enforcer this is the best I could do without having the front springs come loose or the rear bottom out the shocks. But I love these rockstars and would highly recommend them.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I never got around to installing these, but saw that they have these now. Looks like no cutting and retains stock height.

http://www.evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Products/jeep/Wrangler-JK-JKU-2007-current?product_id=306

Those are slick, but it seems that you get more with the rockstars, If you don't mind cutting of course. Not only the Rockstars raise your shock mounts they also provide a skid for control arms mounting points/joints.

Last edited:

seansheds

Looks like I forgot to post an update on how mine worked out. After cycling the suspension. I ended up having to stay with the 330 for the rear. And changed out the front to the 331. For my suspension, a 3" Evo enforcer this is the best I could do without having the front springs come loose or the rear bottom out the shocks. But I love these rockstars and would highly recommend them.

I went with the same for my 4" Enforcer.

jesse3638

Hooked

Looks like those may be the shocks I go with as I'm running a 3" lift with 3" bumps.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those are slick, but it seems that you get more with the rockstars, If you don't mind cutting of course. Not only the Rockstars raise your shock mounts they also provide a skid for control arms mounting points/joints.

yeah, it's a bit odd that they named them as shock skids, but the description mentions that they are LCA skids as well. And you can also see it in the photos.

JeepJeep75

I have the EVO weld-on skids on my rear lower mounts. IMG_4466.jpg I installed these right before EVO came out with their RockStars. So my question is, has anybody switched out to the RockStars after having the regular skids welded on? I know that anything can be cut and ground off, I've just never heard of anybody doing it. IMG_4471.jpg it looks like most of the welded on skid would be cut off, just below the big control arm bolt-hole. I'm not sure if I'll ever switch out to the RockStars though. Getting hung-up with the standard control arm skids hasn't really been a problem yet.

Top Bottom