EVOlander Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
$610 to do exactly the same thing that you can get for free with trimmed factory fenders? I don't know, seems kinda crazy expensive to me. Plus, I just saw them in person and I'm far from impressed. But, that's just me.

$610 to do exactly the same thing that you can get for free with trimmed factory fenders? I don't know, seems kinda crazy expensive to me. Plus, I just saw them in person and I'm far from impressed. But, that's just me.

True and thank you for putting this into persepctive. I do value your advice and opinion. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
True and thank you for putting this into persepctive. I do value your advice and opinion. :yup:

Cindy and I were checking them out on EVOlander yesterday and found them to be kinda flimsy. We were also troubled by the fact that they are bolted onto the body. In addition to being very tough, customizable and FREE, the factory fenders can be utilize with the plastic factory substructure which gives it strength to put tools on or even lean on. And, because the fender are just clipped in place using plastic push tabs, the fender will tear off when hit hard enough. Plastic fenders like Xenons that are bolted on will not tear off and will transfer the energy from a big hit to the flimsy sheet metal of the body and damage it. I have seen it happen on more than one occasion.

Cindy and I were checking them out on EVOlander yesterday and found them to be kinda flimsy. We were also troubled by the fact that they are bolted onto the body. In addition to being very tough, customizable and FREE, the factory fenders can be utilize with the plastic factory substructure which gives it strength to put tools on or even lean on. And, because the fender are just clipped in place using plastic push tabs, the fender will tear off when hit hard enough. Plastic fenders like Xenons that are bolted on will not tear off and will transfer the energy from a big hit to the flimsy sheet metal of the body and damage it. I have seen it happen on more than one occasion.

Thank you for the feedback and helping me reappropriate money to other mods. I think the key word there which helped change my mind was FREE. Cannot beat free.

R/
Will

Robar

The Enforcer
I would like to know more.

1237609_10151841349883680_1134142996_n.jpg

OFF Road Evolution enhance EVO bolt on coil over.

JAGS

Hooked
Maybe its getting a prorock soon :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just a guess, but I figure he's thinking might as well beat up the stock axles as much as possible. Like your guess, if you're going PR at some point, why invest time and parts to beef up the D44. Again, just my guess and similar to yours.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

1 inch of lift as seen on JKX

Any idea on the bump stop "extension" length? I am clearing 37's with the EVO leveling kit, got a lot more then 1.5" lift...If I can trim and wheel this way I would be so stoked...I love the low as possible stance. Coil-overs/progressive bumps might be required to handle the tires at that low of height though?

Top Bottom