Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Jackal01

Sorry to offend some of you non ff but I have been a volunteer in my community since 1999. I love giving back to the community that I live in. This is where I spent last night. There ended up being 9 departments on scene. The building was almost 100 years old and an Amish business used it to store wood in so the whole scene was fuel for the fire.
The difference between the first two pics is 6 minutes as an example of how quickly fire spreads. Last pic is me on a 2 1/2" line

I have worked one lumberyard fire. They are a PITA! Luckily the dust containment system had already burned up so that wasn't a worry for us otherwise they wouldn't have caught me inside the mofo! Any idea on the cause?

Oh and fuck the haters. Don't apologize to them. Cops are firefighters that couldn't pass the fire academy. :thumb:

JKbrick

I have worked one lumberyard fire. They are a PITA! Luckily the dust containment system had already burned up so that wasn't a worry for us otherwise they wouldn't have caught me inside the mofo! Any idea on the cause?

Oh and fuck the haters. Don't apologize to them. Cops are firefighters that couldn't pass the fire academy. :thumb:

I spoke with the owner and he said there was no electricity in the building so it could be arson at this point, we have some cabinet factories in our district and they have spark sensors and spray nozzles in their dust containment systems for that purpose. It is a nice system

ShinDiggity

How cute... a hose dragger thread. You guys put fires out. and work out at the station while watching that 80 inch flatscreen. And drive the big huge truck to albertsons to buy groceries and hit on woman. :crazy eyes: All jokes aside though, you guys do good work and have a dangerous job. Lord knows you have saved my ass a few times. CHEERS:beer:

Napalm

How cute... a hose dragger thread. You guys put fires out. and work out at the station while watching that 80 inch flatscreen. And drive the big huge truck to albertsons to buy groceries and hit on woman. :crazy eyes: All jokes aside though, you guys do good work and have a dangerous job. Lord knows you have saved my ass a few times. CHEERS:beer:

For the record... Our TV is only 65 inches ;)

Jackal01

HEY BUDDY:mad::mad::mad::mad:

We don't have Albertsons in my neck of the woods. :crazyeyes::bleh:

big dr

While I understand you are simply looking for a reaction, I'd love to hear about the fire academy you failed out of or about the girl you lost to the firefighter.

Here are examples of 2 more fireman arguments I love. "The fire academy I failed" and,, "which girl did you loose to a firefighter" Once again the insults you attempt are yet more examples of how great you really think you are. Like,,, no one else can be as cool or awesome as a firefighter because you didn't go through a fire academy.
A recent check of the requirements of NYFD showed recruits need to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes!!! Wow!! you studs!!! when I went through the police academy I did the 1.5 mile run in 9:29. that was an even 6 minute mile. All 4 of the girls in our class did the 1.5 in less than 12 min. So I guess you fire guys are almost as good as the girls that go through the police academy. And here I am a 42 year old man and I just ran a 1.5 mile test in 11 min. Still better than what is required for fire studs.

Secondly,, in reference to loosing a girl to a firefighter,,, This attempt at an immature insult again reflects how incredibly awesome you firemen think you are. You truly believe that you are soooooo good that you can take a woman from anyone you want. A very juvenile argument, not to mention an immature and ignorant statement made all over the US by equally ignorant firemen.

Keep the awesomeness coming! I promise only to call out the stupid statements you set yourself up for.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Firefighter Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

"which girl did you loose to a firefighter"...when I went through the police academy I did the 1.5 mile run in 9:29. that was an even 6 minute mile...I promise only to call out the stupid statements you set yourself up for.

Three words: English, math, irony.

Just saying. ;)

big dr

Three words: English, math, irony.

Just saying. ;)

Should have known I'd be graded,,, but Its pretty easy to figure out how 9:29 and 6 minute mile are both correct. 6 min for the first mile,, 3:29 for the second 1/2. As for the english,, if spell check says its good,, I send it.:bleh:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Should have known I'd be graded,,, but Its pretty easy to figure out how 9:29 and 6 minute mile are both correct. 6 min for the first mile,, 3:29 for the second 1/2. As for the english,, if spell check says its good,, I send it.:bleh:

Don't worry, the only thing Sharkey runs from is the gym.

JKbrick

Here are examples of 2 more fireman arguments I love. "The fire academy I failed" and,, "which girl did you loose to a firefighter" Once again the insults you attempt are yet more examples of how great you really think you are. Like,,, no one else can be as cool or awesome as a firefighter because you didn't go through a fire academy.
A recent check of the requirements of NYFD showed recruits need to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes!!! Wow!! you studs!!! when I went through the police academy I did the 1.5 mile run in 9:29. that was an even 6 minute mile. All 4 of the girls in our class did the 1.5 in less than 12 min. So I guess you fire guys are almost as good as the girls that go through the police academy. And here I am a 42 year old man and I just ran a 1.5 mile test in 11 min. Still better than what is required for fire studs.

Secondly,, in reference to loosing a girl to a firefighter,,, This attempt at an immature insult again reflects how incredibly awesome you firemen think you are. You truly believe that you are soooooo good that you can take a woman from anyone you want. A very juvenile argument, not to mention an immature and ignorant statement made all over the US by equally ignorant firemen.

Keep the awesomeness coming! I promise only to call out the stupid statements you set yourself up for.

You need to stop assuming everyone is the same, are all cops the same? I volunteer my time to our community, I work 70 hours a week at running my plumbing business to support my family and my 5 employees families. I leave my work for runs, and I leave my family in the evening for trainings and in the middle of the night for emergencies. All for no pay whatsoever, and I think I am no better than anyone, so please quit

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Now I understand. I was thinking it was 3:29 for the first .5 miles as you warmed up and then you turned it on and finished up with a strong 6 minute mile.

Shaka

I've been in law enforcement for 18 years. I have nothing but respect for Firefighters.

I still remember the pain of watching them work their ass off to try and save my classmate and district partner but it was too late. I'll never forget that.

We had an old timer way back who still carryed a wheel gun. He missed every shot as a guy charged at him with a butcher knife. Firefighters on scene put an axe handle to that guys head saving the cops life.

Imagine the balls it took for cops and firefighters to suit up and walk into those towers on 9/11. It's forever etched in my mind.

I have respect for anyone that toes the line everyday willing to risk their life for others. I respect you and so does my family.

Stay safe,

CastleRockJeep

Both LEO and Fire need one another at times. Both are better off having the other around

Last edited:

big dr

Volunteer firefighters have my utmost respect. I think they are a slightly different breed than the ones we have here in SoCal.

EDIT: as long as they don't have the "I'm a hero" attitude.

Last edited:

MarkW13

I figured you wouldn't stop with the stereo type, so I was happy to oblige. Did you just do the target solutions module on asshole recertification?

bdavid

Someone remove this :asshat: from this thread............

Top Bottom