Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

DH2002

Firefighter Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

As a cop who has a firehouse attached to our precinct I can say I have nothing but respect for firefighters, do we give them crap when we are running from call to call and they are at the firehouse bbq? Sure, but when a high rise is on fire they are always there. Are there cocky firefighters? Sure, same as there are cocky cops. But guess what we both rely on each other. we secure scenes for them to do their job and on more than one occasion here in the bronx they have saved our asses, either in fires or car accidents.... remember courtesy gets courtesy, it works both ways.

Last edited:

Jackal01

As a cop who has a firehouse attached to our precinct I can say I have nothing but respect for firefighters, do we give them crap when we are running from call to call and they are at the firehouse bbq? Sure, but when a high rise is on fire they are always there. Are there cocky firefighters? Sure, same as there are cocky cops. But guess what we both rely on each other. we secure scenes for them to do their job and on more than one occasion here in the bronx they have saved our asses, either in fires or car accidents.... remember courtesy gets courtesy, it works both ways.

Well said!

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I watched that earlier. What a piece of shit.

We have our share of taxpayers who like to remind us that they pay our salaries and we work for them.......I just smile at them and agree......not going to ruin my day over some disgruntled person.....

~Woodrow~

The guy in the video is an idiot no doubt. However I never understood why FF never take food to work with them when they go in. Do you really need to sit out front of Starbucks for 3 hours then walk next door to Albertsons and get your groceries?

Armydog

We have our share of taxpayers who like to remind us that they pay our salaries and we work for them.......I just smile at them and agree......not going to ruin my day over some disgruntled person.....

~Woodrow~

^^^^ this. ^^^^. I am not a firefighter, but daily some ass-jack feels the need to tell me that he or she pays my salary or that his or her significant other is Colonel somebody...... Blah, blah... Yes, ma'am/sir.... Thank you ma'am/sir.... Have a nice day ma'am/ sir.....

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
The guy in the video is an idiot no doubt. However I never understood why FF never take food to work with them when they go in. Do you really need to sit out front of Starbucks for 3 hours then walk next door to Albertsons and get your groceries?

Highway fair question......Some of us do bring food to work but there are times when one unit (most of the time it's the engine) will go to Publix to get groceries for dinner and the majority of the time it's done in the morning after checkout and truck wash......we are not allowed to park out front in the "fire" lane or spend 3 hours shopping or let alone hang out in front of Starbucks......we shop in our zone and can respond anywhere in that zone in 5 minutes or less 90% of the time.......if you see a crew sitting at Starbucks for 3 hours call the Fire Chief and voice your concern......that should cure that situation real fast......in my department it would not be tolerated.....

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

Voodoo Actual

Firefighter Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Police officers need to wave to little kids more. And they need coats and armored helmets they can let kids try on for free. I mean when was the last time you saw a police officer let kids crawl all over a squad car? Firefighters are cool. It's all just a PR and Marketing problem. 👍😉

We actually do this all the time. We recently had some kids out at our PVOC where they had the chance to ride in police Chargers going as fast as they can go around the course with a full patrol load. We also let kids try on our EOD suites and drive the EOD robots. They get to try on SRT gear as well.

I've taken kids shooting and hunting.

So I suppose it is about PR. The press markets BS stories to make LEO's look bad (especially recently) and people who have no idea about anything decide that they are experts and choose to hate the police.

I wave at a lot of people - I'm never surprised when instead of a wave, I get the bird.

Last edited:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Woodrow.
I was just giving a slight rib with a bit of merit.
I enjoy all the back and forth and comradery.

No worries Highway.......if you ever met me you'd see I'm about the most easy going guy......I love the back and forth as well.......some of the firefighters out there act like fools and it only takes one to ruin it for the rest of us........if you were local to me I'd invite you for a cold adult beverage or two......

:beer: Cheers to you HighwayTrout

~Woodrow~

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
We actually do this all the time. We recently had some kids out at our PVOC where they had the chance to ride in police Chargers going as fast as they can go around the course with a full patrol load. We also let kids try on our EOD suites and drive the EOD robots. They get to try on SRT gear as well.

I've taken kids shooting and hunting.

So I suppose it is about PR. The press markets BS stories to make LEO's look bad (especially recently) and people who have no idea about anything decide that they are experts and choose to hate the police.

I wave at a lot of people - I'm never surprised when instead of a wave, I get the bird.

I wave at every PD unit I see while out in zone.......there's almost always a PD unit who shows up on scene to assist if needed.......we have mutual respect for one another and we joke back and forth.....but you can bet your ass if shit goes down we have each other's back......

Here's a neighborhood party held by the city at a park next door to our station.......PD's Kilo unit put on a show with their badass canines........Respect for the Men in Blue :thumb:

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

~Woodrow~

I have as well, I always wanted to ask them for a raise. But I doubt they would get the humor.

big dr

I will agree with everyone else on here ,, the guy in the video is a tool! Believe it or not,, I have absolutely no problem with firefighters eating! I even disagree with all the stupid statistics that say it costs tax payers $500-800 every time you leave the station. You all are already on the clock,, it doesn't cost that much in gas to drive to the store. Stupid political games.

Believe me,, I'v been on the receiving end of idiots like this on more than one occasion.

bdavid

I will agree with everyone else on here ,, the guy in the video is a tool! Believe it or not,, I have absolutely no problem with firefighters eating! I even disagree with all the stupid statistics that say it costs tax payers $500-800 every time you leave the station. You all are already on the clock,, it doesn't cost that much in gas to drive to the store. Stupid political games.

Believe me,, I'v been on the receiving end of idiots like this on more than one occasion.

We have a thing called chow and staples. 20$ per person a shift for chow , 30 a month for staples.. our cook doesn't use our Apparatus to go shoping.... Shit our 2009 Engine has 54,000 miles on it and it goes from Fire to Fire no b.s... As for patting myself on the back , I do it every time I make it home. I play in the most Dangerous city with the most Fires in the country..............

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We have a thing called chow and staples. 20$ per person a shift for chow , 30 a month for staples.. our cook doesn't use our Apparatus to go shoping.... Shit our 2009 Engine has 54,000 miles on it and it goes from Fire to Fire no b.s... As for patting myself on the back , I do it every time I make it home. I play in the most Dangerous city with the most Fires in the country..............

You have my respect. I'd let that whole damn city burn.

bdavid

You have my respect. I'd let that whole damn city burn.
. I can not even except this as a positive reply. Let it burn cause its a city full o African Americans? or cause the city is mostly below poverty? How can some one who has sworn to protect the community no matter what the circumstances have such a idiotic reply? I sure hope you dont have the same mentality in your city of employment...

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
. I can not even except this as a positive reply. Let it burn cause its a city full o African Americans? or cause the city is mostly below poverty? How can some one who has sworn to protect the community no matter what the circumstances have such a idiotic reply? I sure hope you dont have the same mentality in your city of employment...

Lol, whole lot of assumptions in one post. I don't work for a city. I'm not sworn anything. What the hell does race have anything to do with it? I can't tell you what the ratio is in Detroit. I frankly don't give a shit.

Lighten up Francis, it was merely a joke.

Top Bottom