Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Thanks to all the units who arrived at my house fire within 7min. Visible flame, visible smoke attic fire. Felt bad they had to pull nearly two blocks worth of hose to get to a hydrant. I am a happy taxpayer.ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428349460.429309.jpg

Thanks to all the units who arrived at my house fire within 7min. Visible flame, visible smoke attic fire. Felt bad they had to pull nearly two blocks worth of hose to get to a hydrant. I am a happy taxpayer.

Gotta love a save by the FD being an attic fire! Attic fires can be hard to get a hold of. Sorry for your loss but glad they saved the rest and your family is safe. :yup:

Stay safe my Brother. I agree we run with a old school mentality. How can you know if there is no life hazard inside ? How can you at least try to save life if you wait for the fire to go out from a Defensive posture? The houses you may call vacant are not always.. As I stated some are to far gone and are a defensive posture, most are not......

Listen BDavid.......If we roll up on a structure fire and smoke is rolling out every window and fire is through the roof I'm going to assume that the interior environment is not attainable for life......now that is not to say we go right into a defensive posture and just watch it burn......if there is information gathered on scene that there may be occupants inside we will do the very best that we can to locate them and get them out but if that involves putting personnel into or onto a structure that has the potential to collapse I'm not going to do it.......Fire conditions dictate our approach......type of construction.....time fire has been burning.....is it in the basement....first floor....second floor......all that plays a part in our plan of attack........I don't want to be the IC who commits personnel into or onto a structure only to have in collapse and trap them........sorry not going to do that

~Woodrow~

Listen BDavid.......If we roll up on a structure fire and smoke is rolling out every window and fire is through the roof I'm going to assume that the interior environment is not attainable for life......now that is not to say we go right into a defensive posture and just watch it burn......if there is information gathered on scene that there may be occupants inside we will do the very best that we can to locate them and get them out but if that involves putting personnel into or onto a structure that has the potential to collapse I'm not going to do it.......Fire conditions dictate our approach......type of construction.....time fire has been burning.....is it in the basement....first floor....second floor......all that plays a part in our plan of attack........I don't want to be the IC who commits personnel into or onto a structure only to have in collapse and trap them........sorry not going to do that

~Woodrow~

I would hate to be on a department that assumes there is no life or the conditions are beyond life so were going " DEFENSIVE".. You my friend live in the fairy tale world of the FIRE ESSENTIALS ... Let me ask you how far you want this to go I can pick apart your logic as you have mine but would rather end this with, I apologized for the harshness of my comment. I respect my fellow first responders and thank you all for your service...

Last edited:
I would hate to be on a department that assumes there is no life or the conditions are beyond life so were going " DEFENSIVE".. You my friend live in the fairy tale world of the FIRE ESSENTIALS. ... Let me ask you how far you want this to go? I apologized for the harshness of my comment. I respect my fellow first responders and thank you all for your service...

Dude...stop apologizing. You have a mindset (and partly SOP driven) that you live with as do we. If you truly believe you are doing the "right" thing you shouldn't apologize for it.

You are not reading or understanding. Nobody here said that we assume these structures do not have occupants. Woodrow and I both said we aren't discussing fire tactics...it is pointless.

Last edited:
Dude...stop apologizing. You have a mindset (and partly SOP driven) that you live with as do we. If you truly believe you are doing the "right" thing you shouldn't apologize for it.

You are not reading or understanding. Nobody here said that we assume these structures do not have occupants. Woodrow and I both said we aren't discussing fire tactics...it is pointless.

Im not apologizing for the way we fight fires. I apologize it came out offensively....My PM box is open if you want to discuss this any further ,no reason to clog up a would be good thread with needless banter..

Last edited:
My late grand dad was fire chief for many years, received a metal for saving a mans life. My uncle is a firefighter also.

Every time I see a fire truck on its way to a call I actually say out loud "move over get out of the way heroes coming through"....gives me goosebumps every time I hear those trucks, and think of my grand dad. ( got the kiddies saying it too.)

God bless you guys and gals!

EMS, law enforcement gotta give you all a shout out too....all are respected in my books.

What an awesome clip. Those types of people have no idea what public service is like. They don't bother me one bit.

Im not apologizing for the way we fight fires. I apologize it came out offensively....My PM box is open if you want to discuss this any further ,no reason to clog up a would be good thread with needless banter..

Truthfully it doesn't matter what you apologized for. I don't care.

I've stayed out of the foray for a lot of reasons, but I thought this image captured a lot.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428435956.941341.jpg

I've stayed out of the foray for a lot of reasons, but I thought this image captured a lot.

Lord knows I have been there with various types of calls. They all suck.

At least bodily fluid doesn't appear to be everywhere like some tough calls. That is always a plus.

looks like he had a really bad day in the back of the ambulance. Opps, I mean 10-12 minute ride.

Attachments

• th-2.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
The angst of being the new guy and having to clean the rig out at shift's end? :thinking:

;)[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA,, Exactly

I've stayed out of the foray for a lot of reasons, but I thought this image captured a lot./QUOTE]

Working a code is organized chaos and can be a very dynamic situation mentally , physically, and emotionally.......over a period of time these events can wear you down.....pediatric drownings to me is the hardest to recover from.......we've had 5 over the last 8-9 months with 2 saves.......the one life that you're able to save makes up for the ones you unfortunately weren't able to.....it's this part of our job that some people don't ever get to see personally unless something happens to them or a family member........MTG thank you for sharing

~Woodrow~

Top Bottom