HALF TIME - Rugged Ridge JK Half Doors for MOBY

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Either way Moby looks good. Have you thought about installing a c pillar kit at all? I've seen these around but not a lot installed. To me it would just fill that "missing roll bar" gap behind the rear seats. Don't know if it would do much structurally.

I would guess a full cage before the c pillar. :idontknow:

GCM 2

WooHoo!! Just picked up our Rugged Ridge half doors from the body shop...

main.php

They look awesome! The one thing rugged ridge should have left out of the design is that darn dimple they have for their silly rubber/gel bubble logo thing that goes there. I know of no one that has actually placed that mfg logo in that depression. Your logos and stickers will cover those up nicely :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think it looks good as well. Probably tie in nicely with the uppers also.

Yeah, I really want to get them installed just to see what they look like on but won't be able to get to them until next week.

Either way Moby looks good. Have you thought about installing a c pillar kit at all? I've seen these around but not a lot installed. To me it would just fill that "missing roll bar" gap behind the rear seats. Don't know if it would do much structurally.

I would guess a full cage before the c pillar. :idontknow:

What Adam said. We actually have to schedule some time with ORE to have a full cage installed. We were going to do that before the JKX but just couldn't find the time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look sweet with hinges black. I bet you can't wait to scratch the shit outta them!

Oh yeah. We got new full doors for daily driving and purposefully got these to play hard in. Of course, now that they're painted and installed, I'm kind of not wanting to scratch them up too soon :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look awesome! The one thing rugged ridge should have left out of the design is that darn dimple they have for their silly rubber/gel bubble logo thing that goes there. I know of no one that has actually placed that mfg logo in that depression. Your logos and stickers will cover those up nicely :thumb:

Man, you ain't kidding!! I absolutely hate those dimples and will purposefully try to hide them with decals. :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug

Man, you ain't kidding!! I absolutely hate those dimples and will purposefully try to hide them with decals. :crazyeyes:

You guys aren't putting in the RR decals? :idontknow:

Looks good Eddie! :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
Those doors continue to impress. Looks great on Moby. Big question though, what does tessa think about them in back? 😉 Lol.

- Jason

Jeeper Jr.

I didn't think if it was possible for Moby to look even better. I stand corrected.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

......You guys aren't putting in the RR decals?
Nice try there :bleh: So when you asked me for mine, and I shipped them to you, you did not put one each on the back of your door mirrors (facing forward) and the other two below your tail lights like you said you were going to do? Maybe Eddie can send you his four and you can put one under each front turn signal on the grill, one more under the fuel filler area, and the last one on your shifter handle.

Cheers Sucka

image-4197992419.jpg

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Those half doors look fantastic on Moby. Great addition. Did you consider having the "Rugged Ridge" dimple filled by the body shop?

philippechivee

These look great guys. I'm probably gonna do the same thing for Frog1 soon. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Philippe aka FROG1
2008 JKU Rubicon
Highly modified and in constant evolution.....

GCM 2

I asked when I had mine done. They advised against it.

Yeah, a somewhat flexible plastic door that is constantly expanding and contracting with the temperature probably would not do well with body filler. My half doors creak and pop with changes in temperature. Once Eddie slaps the stickers/decals on the doors, you will not even notice the depressions unless you are looking really hard for them.

Top Bottom