• DSC_0507.jpg
    DSC_0507.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0465.jpg
    DSC_0465.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 194

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just a little FYI. That squared off "JK" you are using for your Jeep club logo is actually the owner of this site's trademarked intellectual property.

Bad form dude, bad form.

ClarksAdventures

Welcome dude. Great looking rig. They may get a little sensitive if you didn't ask for permission to use the JK logo. But still, good looking rig. Portland guy here.

JKsix

Welcome man. Nice rig. I'm from Sutherlin and am I'm Eugene quite often when I am back stateside.

David1tontj

Way to steal a copywrited logo.....

Just a little FYI. That squared off "JK" you are using for your Jeep club logo is actually the owner of this site's trademarked intellectual property.

Bad form dude, bad form.

Steal the JK logo, enter to win free shit..... Classy.

Im pretty sure this guy is not the guy who designed the decal.. He probably just got the club decal. Probably a matter for the club president???

It's definitely a JEEP THING!

Sweet ride!! Welcome to wayalife from Philomath, oregon. My decal is shaped like oregon :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's definitely a JEEP THING!

Welcome to WAYALIFE. If you're not the president of your club and not the one who stole my copyrighted logo, I hope you can be understanding of some of the comments made and allow them to be brushed off.

They may get a little sensitive if you didn't ask for permission to use the JK logo.

With all due respect, I appreciate the fact that my friends are "sensitive" about people ripping me off. I feel grateful that they would take offense to seeing my copyrighted logo in this manner.

Im pretty sure this guy is not the guy who designed the decal.. He probably just got the club decal. Probably a matter for the club president???

Well then, as a member of the club, perhaps he can bring this matter up to the president and inform him of what he now knows!!! :naw:

Wow. I never knew welcome was followed by being burnt at the stake.

I won't lie, seeing that decal with my COPYRIGHTED LOGO kind of pisses me off. While it may be no big deal to you, it cost me time and money to create and protect my intellectual property and it really sucks that people out there can just rip it off in this way like they have some kind of right to it. Now, I'm not saying that the OP is responsible for it or that some of the members here couldn't have been more PC with their responses but I'm kind of surprised that so many people would be so willing to turn a blind eye to theft or blow it off just because the guy happens to live in your neck of the woods. :naw:

David1tontj

Fixed it for you.

Not saying the sticker is ok, just saying I bet he personally didn't know.

Would you like being personally accused of making that counterfeit 100 just because you ended up with it and legitimately didn't know?

Last night I sent a text to someone who may know the president- just trying to let them know, so they can right the matter with Eddie.

georgi.photo

Although I agree with the whole theft of intellectual property (as a photographer and graphic artist, I absolutely empathize with Eddie on this), but I'll try to get this back to the point of the thread.

WELCOME TO THE WAL!!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not saying the sticker is ok, just saying I bet he personally didn't know.

Would you like being personally accused of making that counterfeit 100 just because you ended up with it and legitimately didn't know?

Last night I sent a text to someone who may know the president- just trying to let them know, so they can right the matter with Eddie.

Great. Thanks. I would be very interested in hearing the president's side of the story.

I don't recall accusing him of making the decal. What I recall is informing him that the squared off "JK" was someone else's trademark, and saying that it is bad form to take and use someone else's intellectual property. I don't see how that is out of line or makes me a meany but, whatever.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
And to the OP, welcome to Wayalife. Your conversion looks very nice. I've been seeing a few of them in my neck of the woods lately and they are super cool to see in person.

If you truly had no idea about the trademark before, at least you know now. Perhaps you can talk to your club and report back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom