Hello WAYALIFE from the beautiful Oregon Coast

dwmgcs

Welcome from Oregon City and I am betting whoever designed the sticker had no idea they were infringing and didn't do it intentionally so hopefully they will be informed and change them accordingly.

JandSJK

I never said I thought it was ok. I'm not blowing it off or letting it slide either. I contacted the Group that runs that club and let them know what was going on. I know them well enough I'm sure they will do the right thing here. Sharkey had the right response. It had tact and was respectful. I've been a member here long enough to know it's like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat in a situation like this. Yes he is from my "area" and he is a friend. I know he didn't know it was a copyrighted logo.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I never said I thought it was ok.

And, up until now, you never said that it wasn't okay. You just used the opportunity to post up a sarcastic post that left me guessing.

I'm not blowing it off or letting it slide either. I contacted the Group that runs that club and let them know what was going on. I know them well enough I'm sure they will do the right thing here... Yes he is from my "area" and he is a friend. I know he didn't know it was a copyrighted logo.

And I'm glad to hear it. Had you just said as much in the first place, the most you would have heard from me is a sincere thank you.

Sharkey had the right response. It had tact and was respectful.

You mean, unlike your initial response. :naw:

I've been a member here long enough to know it's like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat in a situation like this.

:drama: I guess we all see what we want to see.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For whatever it's worth, I just got an email from Randi, the founding member of the club in question and he was quite apologetic regarding this matter and has informed me that he would be addressing it immediately.

For whatever it's worth, I just got an email from Randi, the founding member of the club in question and he was quite apologetic regarding this matter and has informed me that he would be addressing it immediately.
Thats respectable for sure, granted he follows through. Hopefully this pans out more smoothly for you than previous incidents.

TAGTJ

It's a good thing Randi is a lady, who knows what might have been said? There were 4 Jeeps from said club who came to Reno on June 3rd and I toured them thru the Rubicon trail.

Good people, sometimes we don't do enough research to know if we're infringing on someone else's territory

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It's a good thing Randi is a lady, who knows what might have been said? There were 4 Jeeps from said club who came to Reno on June 3rd and I toured them thru the Rubicon trail.

Good people, sometimes we don't do enough research to know if we're infringing on someone else's territory

Curious to why you're jumping in on this.

OregonTrail

i'm the OP and I just got off work and couldn't believe what a mess I started. I guess I couldn't of picked 3 worse pictures! I want to apologize to the admins and the group and assure everyone I had no idea about the logo. I also want to make it known that I had several texts and facebook messages including some from the president of the club the banner came from. I was told the banner has been changed and was even offered the new one to change out! Now that I know about this, I will take it down and change it out!

Sorry about stirring everything up! Definitely wasn't my intention! Just wanted to give a Jeep Wave! PS...tried to take the pictures down and can't figure out how to do it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i'm the OP and I just got off work and couldn't believe what a mess I started. I guess I couldn't of picked 3 worse pictures! I want to apologize to the admins and the group and assure everyone I had no idea about the logo. I also want to make it known that I had several texts and facebook messages including some from the president of the club the banner came from. I was told the banner has been changed and was even offered the new one to change out! Now that I know about this, I will take it down and change it out!

Sorry about stirring everything up! Definitely wasn't my intention! Just wanted to give a Jeep Wave! PS...tried to take the pictures down and can't figure out how to do it!

LOL!! Glad to see you weren't scared away and that you're understanding of what was going on. So far as I'm concerned, you don't need to worry about your pics and I hope to see you on the forum :yup:

OregonTrail

I'm curious, did you buy that as a J8 or did you have it and convert it?

A Jeep dealership a few hours away from me did the conversion, my wife happened to see it and told me she just saw a brand new Jeep Scrambler. She knew I had owned one years back, and always regretted getting rid of it. I told here they hadn't made a CJ8 since 1986. She then text me a picture of it...and the rest as they say is history!!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Welcome to a Wayalife! Very nice rig! I do agree with Eddie and I would be pissed too. A while ago AAI sent me a pm of a company that was using my photo for their advertisement INCLUDING Eddie's JK logo I bought from him, flags I bought from Cafe Press and the Wrangler sticker that came with my jeep. I did send an email to them and how it was fucked upo to do that. Never did get a reply.

Top Bottom