Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Forgot to take more pics yesterday of the coilovers, let them soak again for a few hours which pulled a little more rust off, but then started to pull the color off the blue parts so pulled them out, wire brushed them a little, then sprayed them down with wd40 and let them sit last night. I still cant get the adjusters to spin or the stop rings so have to figure out what to do next. Going to try and see if I can get my buffer working well and maybe polish up the bodies or something yet, or even just paint them since these will be spares and wont really need to adjust since I think they are about where my current set is now.

Exodus 4x4

Forgot to take more pics yesterday of the coilovers, let them soak again for a few hours which pulled a little more rust off, but then started to pull the color off the blue parts so pulled them out, wire brushed them a little, then sprayed them down with wd40 and let them sit last night. I still cant get the adjusters to spin or the stop rings so have to figure out what to do next. Going to try and see if I can get my buffer working well and maybe polish up the bodies or something yet, or even just paint them since these will be spares and wont really need to adjust since I think they are about where my current set is now.

Try Kroil instead of WD40. You might have better results. Should be able to find it at Home Depot or a parts store.

scull20

I've got a few cans of fluid film I've been meaning to hit some underbody areas too. I've heard good things, we'll see how it holds up.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Basically the same bumper only made so that the Zeon can fit inside of it and bolt up to the winch plate.

Ah okay, wasnt sure if it was just different holes drilled or what. I can get a good deal on a zeon but didnt want to have to buy a new bumper. Looks like I will just stick to a standard style winch. Thanks Eddie.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Wow, that's crazy. I've never seen or heard of this before.

There are actually companies that sell small electronic boxes that connect to your battery and vehicle body that use electrolosis to prevent rust from starting on classic cars that sit a lot. No first hand experience with these, but I've seen them advertised.

WJCO

Meme King
There are actually companies that sell small electronic boxes that connect to your battery and vehicle body that use electrolosis to prevent rust from starting on classic cars that sit a lot. No first hand experience with these, but I've seen them advertised.

Yep. Anti rust modules. See them a lot in Hawaii and Florida.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Kinda chilly here, and it will be dark when I get home....but I may install the door hinge liners tonight.

Top Bottom