Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I loved those in my last rig. Been thinks my about another set. Give some feedback, will you?

Going to try and go a good write up, this is my first time using the tool they now have for installing them so hopefully that makes it a little easier than last time I did them.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
My little write up on installing the door hinge liners from TMR

I would say this took me maybe 30 min to do alone.

Remove doors

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449254968.034915.jpg

This little ratchet that my jeep came with comes in nice

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449255034.054631.jpg

Then grab the tool, using it from the bottom gently hammer it up into the hinge to pop out the liner

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449255066.089199.jpg

Mine came out very easy since they are still new

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449255084.623471.jpg

You might need another punch to get the tool it, it will stick sometimes

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449255129.361071.jpg

Then by hand, push in the new liners

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449255152.911833.jpg

And there you have it, easy to remove doors

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449255171.695153.jpg

dchew

I thought I was the only one who used firewood to support things.

I've put you through some real work with those coilovers. 🙁

Thanks for the post on the hinge liners. I got some new stock liners last year but of course they didn't last. I will try these.

Dave

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I thought I was the only one who used firewood to support things.

I've put you through some real work with those coilovers. 

Thanks for the post on the hinge liners. I got some new stock liners last year but of course they didn't last. I will try these.

Dave

I think these are perfect for us east coast rust guys, they were great on my 2 door.

I need to post up some new pics of the coilovers, still need a lot of work but are a lot cleaner. I may actually pull my drivers rear and swap shafts since mine are a little beat up and the eyelet is bent so another reason I'm glad to have gotten your set so I can use them for parts.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Any hardtop guys that are running the sport cage have any tips on getting the freedom panels to fit well? They are kinda high now. I may grind down the bolt heads a little cuz I don't want to cut the top incase I go to sell it

Edit: ground down the bolt heads which seemed to have worked.

Also threw the new light bar on today along with getting the CB mounted back up

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449435406.687904.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449435460.922519.jpg

Last edited:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Any hardtop guys that are running the sport cage have any tips on getting the freedom panels to fit well? They are kinda high now. I may grind down the bolt heads a little cuz I don't want to cut the top incase I go to sell it

Edit: ground down the bolt heads which seemed to have worked.

I had to grind my freedom panels... A lot

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So I emailed volant about seeing if I could just but the cold air box to convert my snorkel into a standard cold air since I have a new filter and all. Ordered one then was worried with some confusion but it showed up today

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449630247.451286.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Aren't you a little scared to run a CAI on the new engine? I know it will have the snorkel. Just wondering...

Well I broke off all the little feet on the stock airbag taking it out, so I figure this is better for now until I get another oem box since water and stuff could get in that one. The volant I had been running, has a huge filter and also a filter sock on it to keep extra dust and water out. Ill take some good pics shortly if I decide to swap it before I go to work.

Top Bottom