Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Hmm, Maybe I could try that. I was just trying to minimize all the wires up into the bay to as little as possible.

uberc4

I can see how that would be a headache. I am looking at running the same lights eventually. Curious to see how they hold up.

dchew

Hmm, Maybe I could try that. I was just trying to minimize all the wires up into the bay to as little as possible.

As long as you want them all on the same switch, you can run one positive wire and one negative to the farthest light, then just route all the others into those two wires, like branches off the trunk of a tree. LED's take pretty low power, but I'm not sure how big that wire would need to be. You have add up the amp draw of each light and see what wire size is required.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Noticed my steering was getting a little loose the other day, didnt bother to check anything till I was on my way to dinner, hit a gap at a bridge and the jeep almost jumped a lane. Grabbed my tools after I ate and glad I had a flashlight with me, ended up the axle side trackbar bolt was very loose.

Deff need to do a full retorque of everything later this week when I can check it during the day.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Noticed my steering was getting a little loose the other day, didnt bother to check anything till I was on my way to dinner, hit a gap at a bridge and the jeep almost jumped a lane. Grabbed my tools after I ate and glad I had a flashlight with me, ended up the axle side trackbar bolt was very loose.

Deff need to do a full retorque of everything later this week when I can check it during the day.

R.I.P. Steve's torque wrench

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
R.I.P. Steve's torque wrench

Lol the one I have is good, I just forgot to check it after wheeling and the initial install :doh:

So I ordered some new cubes for my a pilar mounts, nothing wrong with the rigids but those are flood pattern, and I wanted some spots just to have them for the winter. Went inspired due to price and to match my light bar with some new amber covers. Cant really beat the price of 140 vs 275. I will move the rigids to the tire carrier once again for some dust/running lights.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well 0.2 amps is nothin. 18 gauge would handle many of those lights wired together.

https://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/itm/automotive/get_wired.html

I will probably go a little heavier just incase, if thats the way I end up installing them. It is nice to run the full length of the insulated wires where possible, but if I go with the install like this guy on youtube, I dont think I will have the room for all the wires in the bay. Good refrence however for getting a half idea of where to put the lights to begin with. I am half tempted to just sell them as I dont ever really see needing to use them, other than for a night meet up show kinda thing, or maybe to check over the jeep at night or to fix something like my trackbar bolt which I did after dinner with a flashlight.

JeepDrum

Could you trim the wires to length and connect them together like the guy in the video before they enter the engine bay? Like by the transmission or something for instance? That would save room in the engine bay. I like the method of grouping them in the video. Saves a little room and they're still in paralell to get a constant voltage.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
No auto here, just pipe to help slow you down and a little safer. I wish there was still 2 places by me like when I was younger cuz the one was better but they closed and bought he current place. Just sucks being out of it for so long and now trying to get the strength back.

WJCO

Meme King
No auto here, just pipe to help slow you down and a little safer. I wish there was still 2 places by me like when I was younger cuz the one was better but they closed and bought he current place. Just sucks being out of it for so long and now trying to get the strength back.

I missed that in the pic, my bad. The closest place to me is that is decent is about 30 minutes away, part of the reason I don't go much anymore. I try to get out and hike and do some mountaineering in the winter for exercise (non-technical stuff).

uberc4

Nice man! Wish I could still climb. Ended up popping something in my left hand on a 11b route at the gym. Haven't been able to climb since (going on 3 years now).

To help with strength when not climbing for awhile, I found the dynaflex Gyro ball helped keep me in shape. After using that thing I went from barely holding onto 8s to crimping for days on 10s.

dchew

Wow I had no idea there were so many fellow climbers on this site. Nice.

Back to the lights. Do you think they are bright enough to use as secondary backup lights?

I'm debating whether to get just 4 or 6 and use 2 for backup lights.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Nice man! Wish I could still climb. Ended up popping something in my left hand on a 11b route at the gym. Haven't been able to climb since (going on 3 years now).

To help with strength when not climbing for awhile, I found the dynaflex Gyro ball helped keep me in shape. After using that thing I went from barely holding onto 8s to crimping for days on 10s.

I will have to check that out, I did just pick up a hang board which I think will help. I also want to build a small bouldering course in my basement that I dont use for much storage for something fun to have. Just need to find a good deal on plywood and start to make a half decent plan.

Wow I had no idea there were so many fellow climbers on this site. Nice.

Back to the lights. Do you think they are bright enough to use as secondary backup lights?

I'm debating whether to get just 4 or 6 and use 2 for backup lights.

I would think you could. I will get some pics of them mounted up as back up lights for you this weekend and then you can see what you think of them.

Top Bottom