Hinrichs 2.0

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You might try plasti-dip as a gasket (for the sliders or the light brackets). That's my plan if I end up getting skins.

I just used some double sided tape (thick kind) behind my light brackets. Works great and holds in place for bolting!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I just installed some on my WJ which required drilling through the fender. I used Marine grade exterior silicone around the hole to prevent rust, etc. I don't plan on ever taking them off, so I'm not too worried about paint damage from the bracket contact. I'll post later how it worked out. I loaded it up with a lot, so I think it will be fine.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well get on it. I need to know if it works or if it's just another one of my crazy Jeep ideas I dream about at night. ;)

Depending on how the weather is this weekend, I may try it if I can remember to stop on the way home for some dip.

Looks like my top should be here saturday so I am going to try and get it installed. Under seat box comes monday so I guess soon I will have to go gun shopping :rolleyes2:

Rubicon john

Depending on how the weather is this weekend, I may try it if I can remember to stop on the way home for some dip.

Looks like my top should be here saturday so I am going to try and get it installed. Under seat box comes monday so I guess soon I will have to go gun shopping :rolleyes2:

Glock! Get a Glock!

GraniteCrystal

As long as we're throwing out gun ideas, check out the Springfield XDm for full size or XDs for conceal carry. I owned an XDm and sold it to purchase an XDs (still need to decide on caliber before buying). Awesome guns.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looks awesome. I did mine last february. Royal pain in the ass

I still can't get the one side to fully zipper, and the corners fit kinda weird. Even getting it to latch was a process....didnt think it was going to happen.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Hinrich, I had to go to the beginning of your build and I must say that this is a great looking Jeep. I love that top. This is my second jeep and I opted for the hard top and full doors due to the first softop being stolen. Doesn't prevent theft, but it's enclosed now. If I had a garage to park in, I'd get a soft top. I live in a duplex so I have no where to put the hardtop or else I would get a top like the one your running.

I still can't get the one side to fully zipper, and the corners fit kinda weird. Even getting it to latch was a process....didnt think it was going to happen.

It rediculous how tight they are. I was in a garage( no heat) and still had to get my wifes hairdryer and heat it so it would zip

ncbmx64

when I installed mine on my first jeep it was winter time too I found if you get the top on the best you can and start the jeep and turn on the heat full blast for a little while it will help so you can stretch it out to get it to fit.

Top Bottom