Hinrichs 2.0

swampdog

when I installed mine on my first jeep it was winter time too I found if you get the top on the best you can and start the jeep and turn on the heat full blast for a little while it will help so you can stretch it out to get it to fit.

Just don't do it in the garage...trust me.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I let it sit in the sun longer yesterday, which seemed to help as I finally got the last inch or so to zipper shut. I also added my old zipper pulls I had which helped. I did it lightly and nothing bad happened, it just really helped to have something better to grab on to than the tiny zipper.

I am nervous to unlatch the front tho, cuz it took my friend pulling down hard and a deadblow to knock the clips onto the hoops, then closing them was just a hard push.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I let it sit in the sun longer yesterday, which seemed to help as I finally got the last inch or so to zipper shut. I also added my old zipper pulls I had which helped. I did it lightly and nothing bad happened, it just really helped to have something better to grab on to than the tiny zipper.

I am nervous to unlatch the front tho, cuz it took my friend pulling down hard and a deadblow to knock the clips onto the hoops, then closing them was just a hard push.

It will obviously stretch so just give it some time before you even think of openin it

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It will obviously stretch so just give it some time before you even think of openin it

Looks great!! I love the look of these tops. It will def loosen up though.

Oh I know it will, I think the twill relaxes different as well than the standard material. The 3 layers prolly made it harder to put on as well.

I now need to figure out what to do with the hard top since its just sitting behind my garage at the moment.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So planned to install the tuff deck tonight, that was delivered to my house around noon.....get home....no boxes.....call ups to file a claim, get a call back that the driver (fellow jeep guy and never had a problem with him delivered it, and a supervisor was trailing him today confirmed it was delivered) it is no where to be found. They told me to file a police report and also get a hold of amazon which I am figuring out how to do still about this. I never had anything go missing which sucks, so not sure what will happen in the end with getting it. Perfect end to a day :mad:

WJCO

Meme King
So planned to install the tuff deck tonight, that was delivered to my house around noon.....get home....no boxes.....call ups to file a claim, get a call back that the driver (fellow jeep guy and never had a problem with him delivered it, and a supervisor was trailing him today confirmed it was delivered) it is no where to be found. They told me to file a police report and also get a hold of amazon which I am figuring out how to do still about this. I never had anything go missing which sucks, so not sure what will happen in the end with getting it. Perfect end to a day :mad:

That's a pain in the ass. I had that happen once with a car part but luckily was delivered by mistake to a neighbor. Sorry you're having to deal with that. I would definitely file a report though. Just last week, our local news caught two guys stealing packages and all of the people that had filed reports got their stuff back. The suspects were caught within a week of the thefts.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
That's a pain in the ass. I had that happen once with a car part but luckily was delivered by mistake to a neighbor. Sorry you're having to deal with that. I would definitely file a report though. Just last week, our local news caught two guys stealing packages and all of the people that had filed reports got their stuff back. The suspects were caught within a week of the thefts.

Oh I will be for sure. If someone else signed my ups guy would probably be weird since he kinda knows me now, especially if the jeep isn't at the house its not me. I also live at a T intersection thats very busy but oh well. I just moved in a lot of stuff from behind my house thats worth a decent amount and I will be leaving all the outside lights on at night from now on.

Angry Aussie

Sorry to hear that man, that has to be a horrible feeling. Hopefully you will get your stuff back soon. May be worth it to have your stuff shipped to your work so this can't happen.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear that man, that has to be a horrible feeling. Hopefully you will get your stuff back soon. May be worth it to have your stuff shipped to your work so this can't happen.

I really should be doing that already, since I can get my stuff at 9:30 in the morning, but usually dont cuz of dealing with large boxes and getting them home, especially on larger items. Im surprised in a way, that amazon does not require a signature. Even getting the soft top from fedex I didnt need to sign which is really strange for them.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Fed ex in my area doesn't require a signature for anything. We've had issues with them. I'm fighting with them right now over a delivery that wasn't delivered at the time they said it was. I never received the stuff I've ordered and paid for.

Nomadic Paladin

I had a NOCO Battery charger go missing on me which I ordered from Amazon once. Through use of the tracking numbers it showed the package was delivered to my house, but there was no package, I contacted Amazon through their website, using my account, telling them the situation. They called me within 24 hours and immediately shipped out another charger for me, which I received a few days later. I had no problems dealing with getting my merchandise replaced from Amazon, once I contacted them and explained I did not receive the item. Hopefully this helps and the process is just as smooth if not smoother for you. Good Luck.

Ddays

Hooked
Missed this last night - I know exactly what you are going through. We ship 10-20 packages a day with UPS and this happens a lot with residential deliveries. Neither UPS or FedEx
require signatures anymore and when shit disappears they basically say too damn bad. I just got turned down on a $5k shortage claim with UPS and have no recourse.

I would push back on Amazon. Their cust service is pretty good. I got incorrect items on an order and they told me to keep what I had & sent correct items out @ no charge.

Good luck bud.

WJCO

Meme King
I really should be doing that already, since I can get my stuff at 9:30 in the morning, but usually dont cuz of dealing with large boxes and getting them home, especially on larger items. Im surprised in a way, that amazon does not require a signature. Even getting the soft top from fedex I didnt need to sign which is really strange for them.

Any updates on your boxes? Like a potential mis-delivery or anything?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Police report filed this morning, no boxes or anything when I came home tho. I heard back from Amazon that the seller is running a tag track or something on the box, so we shall see what they say. I just want my moment my back at this point and I will order through my friends shop or maybe pick it up at quadratec if I get the same tuffy deck. Shitty part is the ups lady said 2 boxes, and I have no idea what the 2nd was, which was probably the under seat lock box or a present for my mom

Top Bottom