Hinrichs 2.0

Big box is big

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453475229.708826.jpg

And Heavy. Box says 36 lb for anyone who is interested. Just glad I had it sent to work this time around, was worried for a minute tho since we load up all the boxes on carts and this was not there.

Last edited:
Did you go ahead and get the one that lifts up?

I did, I wish it was a little cheaper like your version, but I knew that I wouldnt be happy with it being flimsy. Not like I really plan to carry a lot of weight on top, I still wanted the stronger version.

I did, I wish it was a little cheaper like your version, but I knew that I wouldnt be happy with it being flimsy. Not like I really plan to carry a lot of weight on top, I still wanted the stronger version.

No doubt. I'm still debating about buying that version as well.

I really want to try and install it tonight, but dont feel I will have the time unless the snow holds off for a while. I think the jeep fits in the garage, or should, but I dont feel like pulling the bmw back out again lol.

Where is the best place to order an OEM tailgate bar? Not sure if I need one since the bestop version does work, but it sits kinda funky and I feel like someone else said it will be very tight when closing the gate with this installed.

Last edited:
Where is the best place to order an OEM tailgate bar? Not sure if I need one since the bestop version does work, but it sits kinda funky and I feel like someone else said it will be very tight when closing the gate with this installed.

Not being a smart ass at all but have you tried through a dealership? Just wondering what the price through them would be as Ive never priced them yet. I dont know if rockauto.com offers it either but you may check there. Ive ordered several parts off of there, usually aftermarket replacements though. This is something I need to look into as I think Im gonna swap decks and plan on getting a Trek top also.

Finally installed the tuffy deck. It didn't take long at all. I did have to run out for the thumb screws however so I will be calling them for replacements as they sent the wrong style.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453840407.219439.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453840416.983821.jpg

How do you like it so far? Did you find a factory tailgate bar?

Not yet, its on my list tho.

For the drive into work, since I was sick the last 2 days, It does not rattle or anything. Fits super tight with the bestop tailgate bar.

Also need to decide on either getting my own anchor points, or looking into the ones that tuffy sells.

Last edited:
Is this permanently fixed in this position? Or can you "easily" remove it incase you have to fold the seats down for more cargo.

It flips up when needed, and the lid comes out rather easily. Also the rear divider comes out with 4 wing nuts if you need larger items when the seats are folded.

Side note: emailed tuffy about the missing hardware, they are shipping it right out to me. Easy mistake on their part when I post the pics of the difference.

Can't remember what I did last time, but my one headlight is flickering again. If I tap it, it stops

Truck Lites with pulse modulator?

If so, as least when it happened to me, it was because of the Truck lite to pulse modulator connection coming loose.

How do you like the twill top? I am debating about getting one with tax money. Just cant decide if I want to spend that kind of money on one or get the cheaper non twill version.

Top Bottom