Hinrichs 2.0

I was impatient last night and bored today

IMG_7931.jpg

Waiting on a new tie rod/draglink end so I can drive it....managed to mangle the threads up kinda bad and couldn't find one locally. I did have an old end that came with my used box but it's loose so all I could do was bleed the system. Also still need to get the air box back in

Everyone knows what the kit looks like, but ill take some more pics tomorrow. I really need to figure out how to get my ram hoses to not have a twist, well only the one but still had to swap them from their original spots since the ram was moving the wrong way, but they are fighting me now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Only had to do some major trimming to keep my volant box, was just going to run the filter but it had no support and it looked like I would have had to trim the stock air box a lot as well

IMG_7936.jpg
IMG_7937.jpg

One with the cover on

Image1486318816.082037.jpg

Figure why not finally throw on the mini liners as well

IMG_7941.jpg
Image1486323822.896967.jpg

Last edited:
Still havent had a chance to weld on the evo bracket other than on the one tab, thinking I may just switch to the synergy bracket but not sure yet. May try and get it welded on tonight the best I can. Hopefully my new inner draglink end shows up today, which has me thinking I really should have gotten a new RHD end since my boot has been cracked for a while now but I think is still good. Guess it can wait a little longer.

Steering feel a lot tighter?

Yep. Its an odd sensation at first. Probably that comes from the fact that you have to steer the wheel when turning and when straightening out - it really doesn't return to center all the way by itself because of how the ram works. Its not bad, just different. It is also effortless regardless of what you want to do or what kind of situation you're in - same effort whether you're in rocks or turning a corner on the street. After a while you don't notice it until you get in a different vehicle.

I will check my alignment this weekend again. I guess I think its more twitchy since it responds so much faster than before since there is no slop anymore.

I will check my alignment this weekend again. I guess I think its more twitchy since it responds so much faster than before since there is no slop anymore.

^^ LOL, yup! It's like going from a car with the old recirculating ball steering (think 60's-70's era) to a car with rack & pinion

I'm going to try and drive it tonight, forgot to tighten the lugs last night and didn't have time this morning. Hopefully all goes well and I like it more.

My favorite part however on my short drive was hitting any kind of bump or porthole and the steering wheel doesn't move or react

Last edited:
Top Bottom