Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well limping the jeep home due to snapping my rear ds at the slip end, also bent a rear flange so it's a slow ride home.

Attachments

• image-2033748051.jpg
    image-2033748051.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 343

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So got home after driving about 35-40 the whole way, and got lucky since my guy had a spare slip end that's a spicer, je reel was a no name, and swapped in a new u-joint and its back in. Bad news the week old Yukon axle shaft is bent already, and I can't figure out how that happened today. Also think I found the source of my weird noise finally. That large "washer" thing can spin free, and I don't think it should be there or needs to be.

Attachments

• image-2563632206.jpg
    image-2563632206.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 318
  • image-1571001652.jpg
    image-1571001652.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So got home after driving about 35-40 the whole way, and got lucky since my guy had a spare slip end that's a spicer, je reel was a no name, and swapped in a new u-joint and its back in. Bad news the week old Yukon axle shaft is bent already, and I can't figure out how that happened today. Also think I found the source of my weird noise finally. That large "washer" thing can spin free, and I don't think it should be there or needs to be.

Really? Labat blue light lime? :cheesy:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I thought you guys were doing easy trails?! Lol , wish I was there to help

Well my spotter walked away....

It was a tight trail tho and I kinda got myself wedged in tight between a tree and rock. Didn't know it was gonna be like that or I would have went over the rock more.

It was a tight trail tho and I kinda got myself wedged in tight between a tree and rock. Didn't know it was gonna be like that or I would have went over the rock more.

:cheesy: you got stuck between a rock and a hard place... And the hard place won...

Recurve

It's alright , I got both my diffs hung up on two big ass rocks. Had to winch myself out. Tore my rear diff cover up an leaked. Luckily wasn't too bad, shaved it down an used some right stuff to deal back up.
All those little boulders are hard to see an easy to slip on. So your not the first or last for something like that, it's wheeling:thumb:

OJK12

Is that washer getting pinched in there you think or is it bent? You will have to let us know once you find it as I'm curious?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Is that washer getting pinched in there you think or is it bent? You will have to let us know once you find it as I'm curious?

Well I'm not sure if I actually need it since the front doesn't have one like that with the aftermarket drive shafts, It spins freely which is strange and I feel once and a while it catches or aomething and goes nuts .

OJK12

It looks like it's supposed to protect the seal? But I know the TJ's had something like that on the Tcase and it's sole purpose was to let you know the seal was leaking, it was called the oil slinger (that was its actual name?). You could always just remove it and drive without it for a while see if it helps?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
well after looking around at some how-to's it looks like you do need that washer...just thinking myne maybe came loose or something. If I can find a socket or go buy one Ill pull the rear yoke and maybe throw a tack or 2 on it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't have it on mine. Haven't had issue in the year I've been running like that and Adams never said it was wrong when they rebuilt and installed the driveshaft.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wonder if ill have any issues with rust being on the east coast?

There is a rubber, I believe, seal behind that plus the pinion seal. I can't see having issues. That little piece still allows stuff to get back there.

You could try calling quadratec and see if they sell replacements if you wanted to keep it. Although I'm not sure exactly what it's called.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
There is a rubber, I believe, seal behind that plus the pinion seal. I can't see having issues. That little piece still allows stuff to get back there.

You could try calling quadratec and see if they sell replacements if you wanted to keep it. Although I'm not sure exactly what it's called.

Now that I think about it, that thing prolly traps dirt and stuff anyway. Guess ill have to see if I have the right socket and try and pull it since I have nothing else to do with the jeep till my new rear shaft comes in.

So much fun having 2 broken vehicles.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Now that I think about it, that thing prolly traps dirt and stuff anyway. Guess ill have to see if I have the right socket and try and pull it since I have nothing else to do with the jeep till my new rear shaft comes in.

So much fun having 2 broken vehicles.

lol you need a bicycle. It's more reliable. ;)

Top Bottom