Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Will42019

Could anyone recommend a shop to re-gear and get Cs welded on? The quotes I am getting in Katy are $2500+ just to re-gear...

Last edited:
I met the guys who own Tactical Jeeps in Houston and saw some of their builds. Maybe give them a call. Other then that all I know would be four wheel parts

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Parts and labor.

Just called tactical and they said they would do it for $1600-$1800. Going to drive over there this week.

That's a MUCH better deal, ORE does $999/axle. 1800 is a good deal assuming they know what they are doing. IDK who just put out that "clown" jeep "crawler" with 40"s on a D30 axle with no front drive shaft, but I would stay away from that shop... lol hopefully it's not them, I'm interested to hearing what you think of "tactical jeep", keep us posted :yep:

Edit: ore is 999 total, see below. My mistake

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Anyone going wheeling this Friday or Saturday?

Sorry for the multiple posts, phone app...

Anyway, where you planning on going SmokinV10? I might be down for a wheelin trip! My rig is stock, so I'm a long ways from as capible... lol but would still love to see your beast in action and maybe pick your brain about some mods I have planned...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's a MUCH better deal, ORE does $999/axle. 1800 is a good deal assuming they know what they are doing. IDK who just put out that "clown" jeep "crawler" with 40"s on a D30 axle with no front drive shaft, but I would stay away from that shop... lol hopefully it's not them, I'm interested to hearing what you think of "tactical jeep", keep us posted :yep:

Actually ore does BOTH axles for $999. $1800 is pretty high.

JAGS

Hooked

Just to note, ORE is $999 all in for both axles to re-gear.

Edit: LOL...what overlander said.

txwest

There is one on chrystal beach, and third coast jeepers is also having one down on padre island outside of Corpus Christi.

Top Bottom