Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Does anybody here weld? I'll be buying Evo sliders soon. I do not how to weld. A friend of my sister in law welded my gussets but he's unavailable. If nobody here welds is there a shop that is recommended?

"Jeep slop shop" had a DTD equipped JK at the Beach Saturday. They did the install in house. IDK anything else about them, talked to them at the Gas station (when i saw the jeep) :yup: but That means they weld and are familiar with EVO parts

Pyro1415

Step 1 order pizza, step 2 buy beer, step 3 pick up pizza, step 4 find nearest metal shop and drive there, step 5 negotiate pizza, beer and $100 to weld it on. I'd actually start with the pizza and beer you would be amazed at how far that can take you.

Flat Top

Thanks. I'll give them a call.

Anyone else with welder or recommendation?

Jason is a great guy and does good work, only negative is his shop is in Calvert.

I have a Harbor Freight MIG setup (240) that I have yet to add gas to. I am still playing with the FLUX core setup (welds are not pretty :D).

Flat Top

It wasn't that bad, I set up with a couple friends and let the kids play while we watched all the Jeeps roll by. Saw a couple Wayalife banners roll by.

Yea, seems the thing to do is either drive up and down and scope out all the Jeeps or sit and do the same. At least the weather cooperated.

2013CGJKU

Jason is a great guy and does good work, only negative is his shop is in Calvert.

I have a Harbor Freight MIG setup (240) that I have yet to add gas to. I am still playing with the FLUX core setup (welds are not pretty :D).

It makes for a great jeepavan though. If you go out 149 to 105 there is some pretty countryside on the way! Haha! Wayalife could storm Addictive for the day.

CRZRTX

"Jeep slop shop" had a DTD equipped JK at the Beach Saturday. They did the install in house. IDK anything else about them, talked to them at the Gas station (when i saw the jeep) :yup: but That means they weld and are familiar with EVO parts

The Jeep Slop Shop is very experienced with EVO products. Their welds are the best around. Coil overs and DTDs are no problem. They even fix screw ups from other shops. I have spent over $10k there and am very happy with their work.

97Heep

:standing wave: I am in the Barker Cypress Clay road area :wings:

Always looking for mature, good hearted jeepers to meet.

2013CGJKU

:standing wave: I am in the Barker Cypress Clay road area :wings:

Always looking for mature, good hearted jeepers to meet.

We can help you with the good hearted part. Mature might be a stretch. Welcome!

I think he's looking for an escape from the high school Facebook drama that is the rest of the Jeep scene in this city.

You came to the right place brother.

I saw a white 4 door jku at la centera car meet. Who was it? Had Evo front and rear bumper with a light bar on both. And smittybilt fenders and side steps. I tried to find who you were but couldn't. I didn't have my jeep there though.

Kyle7R

I've been semi-lurking around here for a little while and stumbled on this thread.

Checking in from Crosby, on the east side of Houston.

Nice to see a lot of activity in the Houston area 😎

Top Bottom