Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

PROJKUR

It's so common these days, and even more so here around our area. There have been tons of dogs that are dumped at a friend of ours dad's property over here (close to everybody's favorite redneck-ville "off-road" park) if we didn't already have our dogs we'd keep her.

We're both too soft hearted to of left her there. Especially after seeing how sweet and gentle she is.

Same here. We will find her a happy home though, one way or another.

Thanks for looking out for her. As others have said, if we didn't already have 2 rescues we would for sure take her. She is a heartbreaker! I hope she finds a great home and thanks again for taking her!

Kyle7R

Looking for you some input from my fellow Texan Jeepers,

I've been dealing with some stripped threads on one of my tailgate hinge mounts, The spot where the bolt goes through the hinge, into the skin of the tailgate itself. 3 of the 4 tighten down just fine, but one tightens down, and right before it feels like it is going to snug up it spins right out and loosens up again.

I've been sorta nursing it along, and re-tightening it as best I could at the first sign of it backing out (rattle from the tailgate, or sag when it wouldn't open back up/close) But after yesterday, bombing through the fire roads trying to keep pace with Charlie and Tom ;) it was rattling like crazy,

Anybody have any suggestions for putting this piece back together where I won't have an issue?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looking for you some input from my fellow Texan Jeepers,

I've been dealing with some stripped threads on one of my tailgate hinge mounts, The spot where the bolt goes through the hinge, into the skin of the tailgate itself. 3 of the 4 tighten down just fine, but one tightens down, and right before it feels like it is going to snug up it spins right out and loosens up again.

I've been sorta nursing it along, and re-tightening it as best I could at the first sign of it backing out (rattle from the tailgate, or sag when it wouldn't open back up/close) But after yesterday, bombing through the fire roads trying to keep pace with Charlie and Tom ;) it was rattling like crazy,

Anybody have any suggestions for putting this piece back together where I won't have an issue?

I'm not sure what bolt you are having issues with, but a helicoil insert will help reestablish threads. aside from that, I guess you "could" fill the stripped hole, drill it out, retap, and paint it :idontknow:

Kyle7R

I'm not sure what bolt you are having issues with, but a helicoil insert will help reestablish threads. aside from that, I guess you "could" fill the stripped hole, drill it out, retap, and paint it :idontknow:

This bad boy right here

Attachments

• 1471269280078.jpg
    1471269280078.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 51

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
This bad boy right here

ah, so it is threaded into the body/a welded nut?? You could drill out the threads in the nut and run a longer bolt if you can get a wrench in there to hold a new nut? drill, tap and Helicoil the stipped nut (likely hardened so be ready to work), or... :idontknow:

Kyle7R

ah, so it is threaded into the body/a welded nut?? You could drill out the threads in the nut and run a longer bolt if you can get a wrench in there to hold a new nut? drill, tap and Helicoil the stipped nut (likely hardened so be ready to work), or... :idontknow:

I wasn't able to get access to it, where it's at in the gate. I might give that another go this afternoon, so we'll see. I'll have to look into the heilcoil idea too.

pinkcamotexan

A few of you guys already know about this sweet girl, but I wanted to share with everybody.

We have had her for over a week, tried every local vet, shared flyers, posted all over to try and find her owner. No microchip, and no success thus far.

She was spotted on our way home from a late movie, curled up beside the road in a fairly remote area. We doubled back to see if she was hurt, or had tags, she was perfectly healthy, but no tags. She was very trusting, gentle and sweet.

So we put her in the car (because we are complete suckers) She was very clean, looks to of been well taken care of, and has a scar on her tummy from what we (and the vet) believe to be her spaying scar.

She's probably about 18 months old, smart (already crate trained her, still working on house breaking though) and already loves going in the Jeep ;)

Before long, if we cannot find her real owners (which I doubt we do, I'm thinking more and more each day that she was dumped there) we will be enrolling her in an adoption program with a group we've worked with in the past and fostering her until we find her a permanent home.

Any of my fellow Houston Jeepers looking for a trail companion?

Any idea what kind she is? Reason I ask, my Apartments will not allow pits. I have a dog now that is staffordshire terrier (kinda looks like a pit) and they are fine. I am interested in her if we can kind out some info! I need a co-pilot! Grace will not sit upfront with me, she would rather hang in the back with her head out the window! Ha

Kyle7R

Any idea what kind she is? Reason I ask, my Apartments will not allow pits. I have a dog now that is staffordshire terrier (kinda looks like a pit) and they are fine. I am interested in her if we can kind out some info! I need a co-pilot! Grace will not sit upfront with me, she would rather hang in the back with her head out the window! Ha

I don't know for sure, and I have doubts that she is pure bred anything. Friend of mine thinks she might be mostly American Bulldog, I thought maybe American Pitbull Terrier at first, but now that you say Staffordshire that could be in the running too.

To me, she's just not as "built" as a full blooded Pit Bull, so she's got to be some kind of Terrier. If you're really interested you're welcome to come meet her, I will PM you my # here in a sec.

Kyle7R

Is anyone available Sunday to help install my CB?

I won't be back until late Sunday night, but if nobody can help you get it done then we could knock it out one afternoon this week or next weekend.

Obligatory scenery shoot :thumb:

Attachments

• 1471478012007.jpg
    1471478012007.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 53

pinkcamotexan

I won't be back until late Sunday night, but if nobody can help you get it done then we could knock it out one afternoon this week or next weekend.

Obligatory scenery shoot :thumb:

Nice view!!!!! Yea maybe next week, let's see how this rain plays out!

Sorry Amber, I've been a bit busy, plus the rain. If someone doesn't get you taken care of, I'll see if I can get some extra time next week. Maybe Sunday this weekend?

No apologies necessary! I'm open for this Sunday if you are. If we do that, then maybe meet up with Kyle to tune it when he gets back??

BobbyGTX

So unfortunately I have to get rid of my JK soon, my work Truck is acting up and this the second one. So I decided to get a new truck so I don't go threw this headache and waste money again. I'm selling my evo front with stinger ($450)and I have a set of 35' lexani mud beast wheels/tire. About 3000 miles on them, spare is new($1300) If anyone interested.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So unfortunately I have to get rid of my JK soon, my work Truck is acting up and this the second one. So I decided to get a new truck so I don't go threw this headache and waste money again. I'm selling my evo front with stinger ($450)and I have a set of 35' lexani mud beast wheels/tire. About 3000 miles on them, spare is new($1300) If anyone interested.

Hit up Napalm about the tires, he might be interested. Sorry to hear this

Exodus 4x4

Man sorry to hear that.

Ah man that's rough, sorry. Hopefully you'll be able to get a JK again in the future.

Top Bottom