Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Kyle7R

If Patrick can get his jku all back together, anybody down to meet up this weekend for a beer or two? Possibly Sunday?

Jackal01

I am sure we can make it. Afternoon would be better than evening for us. And the place can be dog-friendly or not...doesn't matter to us.

Kyle7R

What time Sunday?

I am down for it!

I am sure we can make it. Afternoon would be better than evening for us. And the place can be dog-friendly or not...doesn't matter to us.

I was thinking noon-ish, we were trying to meet up at the 8th Wonder brewery taproom last weekend but it didn't pan out. We could try that again, it's dog friendly but it being a patio-ish set up throughout could get a little warm. I'm sure we're all open to try somewhere new, if anybody has a spot they want to throw out there.

Jackal01

I was thinking noon-ish, we were trying to meet up at the 8th Wonder brewery taproom last weekend but it didn't pan out. We could try that again, it's dog friendly but it being a patio-ish set up throughout could get a little warm. I'm sure we're all open to try somewhere new, if anybody has a spot they want to throw out there.

I am 100% fine with being indoors without the dog. As for places...Don't know really. Something north of 610 North would be nice, however.

Kyle7R

I am 100% fine with being indoors without the dog. As for places...Don't know really. Something north of 610 North would be nice, however.

Hey, Cottonwood was north of 610....by about 3 blocks :bleh:

I'll try and think of a couple places up that way, but I'm not too familiar with any of the local staples outside the loop. I know there's a Twin Peaks off 290, or a Bone Daddy's there at 249 and 1960 that wouldn't be a bad spot.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

I'll try and think of a couple places up that way, but I'm not too familiar with any of the local staples outside the loop. I know there's a Twin Peaks off 290, or a Bone Daddy's there at 249 and 1960 that wouldn't be a bad spot.

Though I will miss this one, Karbach is a nice place :thumb:

Jackal01

Misses and I are not fans of BD but Brick House isn't too bad.

Family will be in town

So what? Bring em. :beer:

Jackal01

I've only been to Bone Daddy's twice, and neither time was it on my own dime (thanks work) So maybe it tasted better when it was free :)

He must be ashamed of us :grayno:

I've been 3 times...2 chances too many.

I wouldn't wanna be seen with me either. Lol

Jackal01

Pending sale.

I am selling my PSC Body Mounted Tire Carrier. Nothing wrong with it...I am just fickle and wanna try something else! Less than a year old. I have everything except a template to mark the holes for the driver side latch plate. It is bedlined also and touch ups are easy and seamless. $750 gets it. It will stay mounted until sold.

1471120861898.jpg 1471120882741.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle7R

A few of you guys already know about this sweet girl, but I wanted to share with everybody.

We have had her for over a week, tried every local vet, shared flyers, posted all over to try and find her owner. No microchip, and no success thus far.

She was spotted on our way home from a late movie, curled up beside the road in a fairly remote area. We doubled back to see if she was hurt, or had tags, she was perfectly healthy, but no tags. She was very trusting, gentle and sweet.

So we put her in the car (because we are complete suckers) She was very clean, looks to of been well taken care of, and has a scar on her tummy from what we (and the vet) believe to be her spaying scar.

She's probably about 18 months old, smart (already crate trained her, still working on house breaking though) and already loves going in the Jeep ;)

Before long, if we cannot find her real owners (which I doubt we do, I'm thinking more and more each day that she was dumped there) we will be enrolling her in an adoption program with a group we've worked with in the past and fostering her until we find her a permanent home.

Any of my fellow Houston Jeepers looking for a trail companion?

Attachments

• 1471136968679.jpg
    1471136968679.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 1471136986758.jpg
    1471136986758.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 38

Exodus 4x4

A few of you guys already know about this sweet girl, but I wanted to share with everybody.

We have had her for over a week, tried every local vet, shared flyers, posted all over to try and find her owner. No microchip, and no success thus far.

She was spotted on our way home from a late movie, curled up beside the road in a fairly remote area. We doubled back to see if she was hurt, or had tags, she was perfectly healthy, but no tags. She was very trusting, gentle and sweet.

So we put her in the car (because we are complete suckers) She was very clean, looks to of been well taken care of, and has a scar on her tummy from what we (and the vet) believe to be her spaying scar.

She's probably about 18 months old, smart (already crate trained her, still working on house breaking though) and already loves going in the Jeep ;)

Before long, if we cannot find her real owners (which I doubt we do, I'm thinking more and more each day that she was dumped there) we will be enrolling her in an adoption program with a group we've worked with in the past and fostering her until we find her a permanent home.

Good looking pooch, can't believe somebody dumped her like that. People suck. If I didn't already have a pet human....

tdougherty81

Good looking dog. If we didn't have 3 dogs already we would take her.

Kyle7R

Good looking pooch, can't believe somebody dumped her like that. People suck. If I didn't already have a pet human....

It's so common these days, and even more so here around our area. There have been tons of dogs that are dumped at a friend of ours dad's property over here (close to everybody's favorite redneck-ville "off-road" park) if we didn't already have our dogs we'd keep her.

I hate people. Glad yall picked her up, though. Good luck with it!

We're both too soft hearted to of left her there. Especially after seeing how sweet and gentle she is.

Good looking dog. If we didn't have 3 dogs already we would take her.

Same here. We will find her a happy home though, one way or another.

Top Bottom