Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Hohertz

plan on running into Davey Crockett , possibly Angelina N.F. for a couple nights of camping on Wens. ,Thurs. if anyone wants to join up ...

Where do you go in Davy Crockett or Angelina? Any trails in particular?

I've camped in Mission Tejas and Ratcliff alot but not aware of any trails. Thanks!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have to say I enjoyed myself in Texas. Nice people. I checked out the Alamo and the missions south of it. Well worth the visit.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Where do you go in Davy Crockett or Angelina? Any trails in particular?

I've camped in Mission Tejas and Ratcliff alot but not aware of any trails. Thanks!

been in both actually , there is a slew of hunter camps scattered throughout both which I tend more towards , its pack in pack out and tends to be a bit more quiet as not so many neighbors .... not sure if I can put it up but I do have a link for the mvum for Angelina ,Sabine,Davey Crockett and Sam Houston N.F. although right now the multi use trail in S.H. is closed down for evaluation so cant do much there for the time being ......... but the forest roads offer the chance to get out and enjoy good scenery while being off pavement , most are pretty well kept up from what ive seen thus far and some are seasonal as well ... just got back this morning from hitting Boykin springs as I figured with all the rain the overflow would be worth getting a few shots of, although didn't camp there I did spend one night in Angelina and the other in Davey Crockett ... 20160824_182215.jpg 20160824_182331.jpg 20160824_182401.jpg DSC_3470.jpg DSC_3481.jpg DSC_3483.jpg DSC_3484.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
been in both actually , there is a slew of hunter camps scattered throughout both which I tend more towards , its pack in pack out and tends to be a bit more quiet as not so many neighbors .... not sure if I can put it up but I do have a link for the mvum for Angelina ,Sabine,Davey Crockett and Sam Houston N.F. although right now the multi use trail in S.H. is closed down for evaluation so cant do much there for the time being ......... but the forest roads offer the chance to get out and enjoy good scenery while being off pavement , most are pretty well kept up from what ive seen thus far and some are seasonal as well ... just got back this morning from hitting Boykin springs as I figured with all the rain the overflow would be worth getting a few shots of, although didn't camp there I did spend one night in Angelina and the other in Davey Crockett ... View attachment 219654 View attachment 219655 View attachment 219656 View attachment 219657 View attachment 219658 View attachment 219659 View attachment 219660

Looks like a nice time :thumb:

Thanks for sharing!

Jackal01

been in both actually , there is a slew of hunter camps scattered throughout both which I tend more towards , its pack in pack out and tends to be a bit more quiet as not so many neighbors .... not sure if I can put it up but I do have a link for the mvum for Angelina ,Sabine,Davey Crockett and Sam Houston N.F. although right now the multi use trail in S.H. is closed down for evaluation so cant do much there for the time being ......... but the forest roads offer the chance to get out and enjoy good scenery while being off pavement , most are pretty well kept up from what ive seen thus far and some are seasonal as well ... just got back this morning from hitting Boykin springs as I figured with all the rain the overflow would be worth getting a few shots of, although didn't camp there I did spend one night in Angelina and the other in Davey Crockett

You can post the map link or save it and post like a picture.

I have never camped in a NF but it seems like a great option since the state parks are always "busy".

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
You can post the map link or save it and post like a picture.

I have never camped in a NF but it seems like a great option since the state parks are always "busy".

state parks are ok I go to em once in a while (mainly during the week when they aren't so busy) but I tend to like free , and enjoy the peacefulness of just being out there ,I have the luck of my days off rotating week to week so I can get away on days when most can't ....the files are actually pdf so a link is for sure the way to go http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas/maps-pubs/?cid=stelprdb5300457 ... prolly need to post that up in texas trip thread as well while I'm thinking about ...

Top Bottom