Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

tdougherty81

Last night Ash and I were sitting around on the front porch, and the topic of Go Topless Weekend came up. We thought it might be cool to see if anyone from WAL wanted to go next year, and maybe we could all pitch in together and rent a nice condo down there for the weekend. Spend a few days on the beach, Fires at night, and not having to drive around the beach during topless sounds like a nice way to spend a weekend to me. Now I know GTW is usually the last weekend of May, but I was talking with friends there this year, and they said they usually plan everything out WAY early, and book first thing after the new year. SO if we want a condo, we will need to reserve it come January. So commitment will be needed early on. What do you guys think? sound like something we need a thread for?

Something Like this Maybe? https://www.vrbo.com/616906

I'm interested in the condo thing. My only issue is my kids. I've taken them before but GTW is not kid friendly and would any of y'all really want my kids there. I may be able to get someone to watch them for the weekend but not sure. I guess January we can figure out if it's a go or no go for us.

I've rented a few condos from VRBO and they all have been really good.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
SO... I may have been a bit optimistic in my first post... almost every condo is already booked for that weekend. :doh:

I did find one available for that weekend, pet friendly. https://www.vrbo.com/791935

if 4 couples commit, it will be ~$561/couple and I'm thinking check in thursday, check out sunday morning?

Last edited:

Hohertz

state parks are ok I go to em once in a while (mainly during the week when they aren't so busy) but I tend to like free , and enjoy the peacefulness of just being out there ,I have the luck of my days off rotating week to week so I can get away on days when most can't ....the files are actually pdf so a link is for sure the way to go http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas/maps-pubs/?cid=stelprdb5300457 ... prolly need to post that up in texas trip thread as well while I'm thinking about ...

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I didn't even know these existed. We will definitely have to do some trail riding and check these out the next time we go camping. Now, just need it to cool down!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Got this put on yesterday morning/afternoon with much needed help from Charlie. Banged it out just before it started to rain pretty hard. PSC body mounted tire carrier. View attachment 220314 View attachment 220315
Damn, that tire carrier is very nice. Ive been liking it more and more lately. Angry Aussie also has it color matched white and love how it keeps the tire up and out of the way without needing skins.
SO... I may have been a bit optimistic in my first post... almost every condo is already booked for that weekend. :doh:

I did find one available for that weekend, pet friendly. https://www.vrbo.com/791935

if 4 couples commit, it will be ~$561/couple and I'm thinking check in thursday, check out sunday morning?

As much as i would love to join in on this if it happens. As most everyone else said, i cant really stand all the belligerent douches. I like going in the morning till maybe about mid afternoon just to see all the nice/different rigs. But sounds like a fun idea to not have to drive back home and relax for the weekend.

Kyle7R

Yo Kyle, did you have to use a sawzaw or something to trim the opening in the bumper cross member to get to the rear grade 8 Evo bolts?

I took a cut off wheel and just cut a little of the corner off to fit the nut in. Also used a telescoping magnet to hold it while I put the bolt in.

I did the exact same thing, right now I got them sticking out from the outside. Just going to trim the tabs and hit them with some matching paint

Mike, do you have a build thread? I was looking through on my phone and can't seem to find it?

I don't. That's one regret I have is not starting one from the beginning of joining. Mine was pretty built up before I joined the forum, so I didn't start one. I definitely should have since the mods won't stop coming.

Maybe I'll start it with the Evo coilovers and psc hydro assist I just bought last week! Should be done in time for hidden falls round 2.

WJCO

Meme King
I don't. That's one regret I have is not starting one from the beginning of joining. Mine was pretty built up before I joined the forum, so I didn't start one. I definitely should have since the mods won't stop coming.

Maybe I'll start it with the Evo coilovers and psc hydro assist I just bought last week! Should be done in time for hidden falls round 2.

You should start one anyways. You can always take pics of the mods you already have.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

You should! You should also let me know if you want a hand wrenching! :thumb:

Kyle7R

So, apparently I'm missing some stock hard ware. Anybody who has removed or replaced their rear bumper happen to have a couple of the factory bolts that held it on? I apparently need them to fill these spots.

Attachments

• 1472598983802.jpg
    1472598983802.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 40
So, apparently I'm missing some stock hard ware. Anybody who has removed or replaced their rear bumper happen to have a couple of the factory bolts that held it on? I apparently need them to fill these spots.

I ran into the same issue yesterday and went searching through my garage for them. Found the same 4 bolts and washers in my stock FRONT bumper which was stored away in my backyard and used those. Still have your stock front by chance??

You should! You should also let me know if you want a hand wrenching! :thumb:

Thanks Dave. I'm actually going to Jeep Slop Shop for the install on both of these. They're welding the coilovers brackets. As well as the hydro assist to the tie rod. I got a damn decent quote from them.

You hear about Tactical Jeeps and the lawsuit they lost against a JK owner over an incorrect Evo coilovers set up? Just found out about it last week...terrible...

Top Bottom