Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Jackal01

Sounds like DW. As others have stated check all your bolts. BJs arent difficult just tedious. I just replaced all four of mine a couple weeks ago. With that said I also bored out my knuckle for the DLF too large and it took several months to surface. Go figure. If you need help, holler.

tdougherty81

I'll have to check it out this weekend, I guess.

I didn't replace the bearings, I only replaced the lugs, I did have this happen once or twice (when I had the stock tires on thinking about trading it in) before the wheel/lug nut incident when my wife was driving

I'll have to get under it this weekend and look. Maybe one of the local guys who knows more about it than me will be free and we can take a look at it.

I can stop by during my lunch tomorrow since your right around the corner.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
WOW! Anyone looking for a Powerplant? http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...Trips-ANYTHING&p=806849&viewfull=1#post806849

Kyle, I agree with everyone else, check for something loose before you go off buying parts. a loose bolt/joint can cause death wobble. While Balljoints are cheap, how pissed would you be after doing all that work only to put it back together and find you still have the same problem.

Or he could tell her a ProComp...I mean ProRock 44 is the only way to fix it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Or he could tell her a ProComp...I mean ProRock 44 is the only way to fix it!

:cheesy: Procomp Rock that shit!! :thumb:

I tried telling her the only way to fix it was a new JKU...Didn't work! :cheesy:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

the ONLY way to fix that shaky feeling from your 2 door, is to buy a longer wheelbase jeep, or you can modify the one you have to with PR44/PR60, ride height adjustable coil-overs w/ tuning reservoirs, and 37" tires. Otherwise, sorry bud... but you will just have to deal with it :brows:

the ONLY way to fix that shaky feeling from your 2 door, is to buy a longer wheelbase jeep, or you can modify the one you have to with PR44/PR60, ride height adjustable coil-overs w/ tuning reservoirs, and 37" tires. Otherwise, sorry bud... but you will just have to deal with it :brows:

Second this. After much research of death wobble, these above mods are mandatory to get rid of your shake [emoji23]

Kyle7R

Second this. After much research of death wobble, these above mods are mandatory to get rid of your shake [emoji23]

Well, shit. There goes Henry's doggy college fund...

Kyle7R

well guys, mechanic Tom has spoken.... he's in agreement that it looks like it might be the balljoints.

Now, do I spend the $500 bones on the dynatracs at the risk that I might eventually upgrade to a JKU

Or spend ~$250 on something like the TeraFlex (easy to rebuild from what I see) or the Synergy/Alloys and hope that it gets me through the rest of my adventures with this JK. :thinking:

Also, who's up for a balljoint install party?

Or a BJ party, Charlie is in charge thanks to his expertise in how tedious they are :cheesy::cheesy:

Napalm

well guys, mechanic Tom has spoken.... he's in agreement that it looks like it might be the balljoints.

Now, do I spend the $500 bones on the dynatracs at the risk that I might eventually upgrade to a JKU

Or spend ~$250 on something like the TeraFlex (easy to rebuild from what I see) or the Synergy/Alloys and hope that it gets me through the rest of my adventures with this JK. :thinking:

Or a BJ party, Charlie is in charge thanks to his expertise in how tedious they are :cheesy::cheesy:

I think I'd either go with Dynatracs or just not replace them and wait until you trade in for a JKU!

Kyle7R

I think I'd either go with Dynatracs or just not replace them and wait until you trade in for a JKU!

I can't make a trade decision until at minimum the first of the year, with what all is going on at work I might be selling the whole thing and driving a Ford Fiesta :crazyeyes:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I can't make a trade decision until at minimum the first of the year, with what all is going on at work I might be selling the whole thing and driving a Ford Fiesta :crazyeyes:

Lmao
Forgot how much i paid for my crown replacement ones. But its the same crap as alloy and all those other ones. I wouldnt bother with the teraflex either way. But if you really do think you're gonna trade in your Jeep that quickly, or in the near future. Might i suggest just going to rock auto and getting some cheap moog or other brand ball joints for the time being. Cant be more than 80-100$

Also, let me know when you need help to install. I can uninstall everything. I just have a hell of a lot of trouble taking out/putting in the ball joints. Might need some bigger muscles for that part [emoji14]

Jackal01

I am a giving person. Just not at BJ parties...

I spent $200 on synergy BALL JOINTS via Prime. Borrowed a BALL JOINT press. Took a few hours. Wasn't too bad really. Let's get these BJs over with already...talking about them is getting me all worked up.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Lmao
Forgot how much i paid for my crown replacement ones. But its the same crap as alloy and all those other ones. I wouldnt bother with the teraflex either way. But if you really do think you're gonna trade in your Jeep that quickly, or in the near future. Might i suggest just going to rock auto and getting some cheap moog or other brand ball joints for the time being. Cant be more than 80-100$

Also, let me know when you need help to install. I can uninstall everything. I just have a hell of a lot of trouble taking out/putting in the ball joints. Might need some bigger muscles for that part [emoji14]

This ^ ESPECIALLY if your planning to trade up. If ANY chance you plan to keep it though, I would seriously consider better joints. Nothing sucks more than doing the same job again just a few months down the road.

And as Charlie said, we could rip it appart pretty quick, fiddle with the BJ press for a good hour or so, then slap it all back together. You won't even need gear oil. :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

I am a giving person. Just not at BJ parties...

I spent $200 on synergy BALL JOINTS via Prime. Borrowed a BALL JOINT press. Took a few hours. Wasn't too bad really. Let's get these BJs over with already...talking about them is getting me all worked up.
You and me both getting all worked up over it!
This ^ ESPECIALLY if your planning to trade up. If ANY chance you plan to keep it though, I would seriously consider better joints. Nothing sucks more than doing the same job again just a few months down the road.

And as Charlie said, we could rip it appart pretty quick, fiddle with the BJ press for a good hour or so, then slap it all back together. You won't even need gear oil. :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm thinking split the difference. Don't cheap out, but don't drop the $500 on the pro steers. It went 50k on factory set, if I have it for another 50k I'd be shocked (or its paid off and a trail rig only)

Depending on schedule, I might have to do it after the new year.

Who's got all the tools we need? :wink:

Jackal01

I'm thinking split the difference. Don't cheap out, but don't drop the $500 on the pro steers. It went 50k on factory set, if I have it for another 50k I'd be shocked (or its paid off and a trail rig only)

I borrowed the press from a friend of a friend. Auto parts stores should loan them out for free or cheap. I have the mandatory breaker bar.

PROJKUR

I borrowed the press from a friend of a friend. Auto parts stores should loan them out for free or cheap. I have the mandatory breaker bar.

I have a pretty reliable factory scissor jack that has been time tested we can use!!!

But guess what guys, Santa came early this year and brought me a floor jack! Sure wish I would have had it for the enforcer install!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Cheapest route possible, if you are going to get a JKU, in the near future.

Top Bottom