I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Some of you may have seen a couple threads I've posted in about my handling issues. After a long time of trying to diagnose it, and lots of help from WAL, I found the problem...bent passenger side lower control arm. I should have my new adjustable front lca's sometime this week.

I also jumped on the chance to get a JK rear seat from my buddy's 2014. It was taking up space, matches my interior better and the best price I've seen. I picked up the seat a couple weeks ago.

Although not a fan of Teraflex, they are the only company I could find that makes 3rd row seat brackets for the JKU. Those will arrive this week too!

Now, I could fab a mount up and use the seat belts from the 2014 JK or get harness belts. My concern is my littlest kids will be riding back there and they may have trouble getting harness buckles on and off. I do think it would be an easier and cleaner install using the harnesses.

Anyone have thoughts or experience on 8-10 year old kids using such a system?

USMC Wrangler

As a follow-up to the FLCA's, I towed my 5x8 trailer today. It wasn't very heavy, but still went down the road like a dream! Barely noticed the trailer was there unless I got a stiff cross wind.

USMC Wrangler

I haven't gotten back to the 3rd row bar yet, but hope to in the next couple days now that I have garaged the hard top.

Speaking of tops, I finally found a soft top nearby. :yup: It's off of a 2014 with tinted windows and is like new. The only problem is, the seller is away at military training for another 6 weeks. :naw:

I am also planning my front bumper/stinger/winch when my tax return hits in a couple weeks. I've been hesitant to hit the trails near our new home without a winch between me and my buddy. Can't wait for all of this to come together! :rock:

Hey man! Really liking the build! I have to ask how you're liking the Rock Krawler control arms? I was in the same boat as you when it comes to steering I also am ordering a drag link flip lit to help! Thanks!
-Tyler

USMC Wrangler

Hey man! Really liking the build! I have to ask how you're liking the Rock Krawler control arms? I was in the same boat as you when it comes to steering I also am ordering a drag link flip lit to help! Thanks!
-Tyler

Thanks Tyler! I absolutely love the control arms!!! My Jeep drives great now even at highway speeds and in the wind. After inspecting the factory arms I believe one or both of the rubber/plastic bushings on the passenger side were bad. I measured them center of bolt to center of bolt under load on the Jeep and came up 1/4" short on the drivers side. Now that they are sitting on my garage floor, they measure the same. Anyway, no rubber/plastic bs on the RK arms. The most difficult parts of the install were getting the axle in the right position and making adjustments to the arms...wasn't that bad at all and a great learning experience for me.

Thanks Tyler! I absolutely love the control arms!!! My Jeep drives great now even at highway speeds and in the wind. After inspecting the factory arms I believe one or both of the rubber/plastic bushings on the passenger side were bad. I measured them center of bolt to center of bolt under load on the Jeep and came up 1/4" short on the drivers side. Now that they are sitting on my garage floor, they measure the same. Anyway, no rubber/plastic bs on the RK arms. The most difficult parts of the install were getting the axle in the right position and making adjustments to the arms...wasn't that bad at all and a great learning experience for me.

Oh okay sweet! So it is something I can do at home which is nice! Thanks for the heads up! What did you have them measured to? Like front bolt hole to bolt hole, I guess I could put them on and have a local shop do all the fine tuning but if I can save the trip and the money it would be nice!

USMC Wrangler

Oh okay sweet! So it is something I can do at home which is nice! Thanks for the heads up! What did you have them measured to? Like front bolt hole to bolt hole, I guess I could put them on and have a local shop do all the fine tuning but if I can save the trip and the money it would be nice!

Yeah, if you have basic hand tools, a torque wrench, angle finder (I have the same angle finder in the picture below) and a floor jack you can do it at home. I'd have to crawl under and check again for the exact measurements, but again, for my setup, the arms had to go to the shortest possible to get my axle in the right place.

No need to pay a shop unless you just don't want to mess with it. I went with the 88-92 degrees setting on the front of the diff like this (photo credit from http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...nt-End-Alignment&p=42391&viewfull=1#post42391)

Untitled.jpg

Once I was as close to 92 as I could get using my jack to adjust the angle, I measured hole to hole on center, adjusted the arms and installed them.

What took me a long time was that I was following the directions that came with the arms. I initially set them to the 2.5" lift measurement RK indicated because that's what the EVO level gave me up front. Using the RK setup, the arms were between 1-1.5" too long to get the axle squared away. I should have done what I described above first.

Yeah, if you have basic hand tools, a torque wrench, angle finder (I have the same angle finder in the picture below) and a floor jack you can do it at home. I'd have to crawl under and check again for the exact measurements, but again, for my setup, the arms had to go to the shortest possible to get my axle in the right place.

No need to pay a shop unless you just don't want to mess with it. I went with the 88-92 degrees setting on the front of the diff like this (photo credit from http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...nt-End-Alignment&p=42391&viewfull=1#post42391)

View attachment 188243

Once I was as close to 92 as I could get using my jack to adjust the angle, I measured hole to hole on center, adjusted the arms and installed them.

What took me a long time was that I was following the directions that came with the arms. I initially set them to the 2.5" lift measurement RK indicated because that's what the EVO level gave me up front. Using the RK setup, the arms were between 1-1.5" too long to get the axle squared away. I should have done what I described above first.

Awesome! Thanks that's perfect! I'll let you know how my install goes we shall see! But serious thanks again for the advice it's going to help a lot! [emoji106][emoji106]

USMC Wrangler

Awesome! Thanks that's perfect! I'll let you know how my install goes we shall see! But serious thanks again for the advice it's going to help a lot! [emoji106][emoji106]

Happy to help even with my limited experience on Jeeps! :thumb: Let me know if you have more questions when you get started. :yup:

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Finally found the time to get the painted RH4x4 3rd row bar re-installed…

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455918730.111750.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455918750.797592.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455918773.265680.jpg

I cut the roll bar padding a little too much, but it works for me. My wife is going to make some Velcro covers where I cut the padding for a cleaner, more finished look.

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

…and made a mini-shade for my third row passengers…

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455931065.319994.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455931076.420798.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455931096.188788.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455931108.922651.jpg

We are going out to explore in the mountains nearby tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

USMC Wrangler

How are you liking your spiderweb shade?

I really only have one complaint and it has to do with the freedom panels. Since I work nights, it's a little chilly coming home. So I drive to work without the panels and install them before my 40 mile trek home at highway speeds when it's 40-50 degrees.

The issue is getting the grommets to line up so the screws go in on the sound bar. It's quite a wrestling match to accomplish that. Otherwise I do like the Spiderwebshade. I am so fair skinned I "moon burn"! Ha ha!

I realize some people don't like them because it kills the true open air experience.

Napalm

I really only have one complaint and it has to do with the freedom panels. Since I work nights, it's a little chilly coming home. So I drive to work without the panels and install them before my 40 mile trek home at highway speeds when it's 40-50 degrees.

The issue is getting the grommets to line up so the screws go in on the sound bar. It's quite a wrestling match to accomplish that. Otherwise I do like the Spiderwebshade. I am so fair skinned I "moon burn"! Ha ha!

I realize some people don't like them because it kills the true open air experience.

I understand that how it kills the open air experience. But then again, the sun also beats the crap out of my interior during running fully naked.. And I hate that! There were many times last year where I just didn't run naked simply because it was too hot. And the Texas sun makes it 100 times worse. I can only imagine how Arizona is.

USMC Wrangler

Exactly my thoughts too. It does not cover 100% side to side, just so you know. There's probably a 2-3" gap, but that doesn't bother me at all. I recommend it for the reasons you and I both mentioned.

USMC Wrangler

It does that pretty good depending on the angle of the sun. The family and I are about to head out for a few hours on some local forest roads. I'll take some pics for ya.

Top Bottom