I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

From what I've read, 2 years is the average on the factory batteries. I'm not sure if that's a proven fact but several forums show results for this.

I should note that I have zero aftermarket lights or accessories wired or installed on my Jeep (other than TruckLite's and LED fog bulbs). No switches, nothing extra, nada.

I did call the dealership near the new homestead to find out if the battery was covered since I'm under warranty. I swear I heard the guy laugh a little before he said "no, sorry".

RockyJk

From what I've read, 2 years is the average on the factory batteries. I'm not sure if that's a proven fact but several forums show results for this.

I should note that I have zero aftermarket lights or accessories wired or installed on my Jeep (other than TruckLite's and LED fog bulbs). No switches, nothing extra, nada.

I did call the dealership near the new homestead to find out if the battery was covered since I'm under warranty. I swear I heard the guy laugh a little before he said "no, sorry".

He's lying lol I got my battery warrantied, it died in a lil over a year they have 3 year warranty on em

WJCO

Meme King
Batteries in desert climates do typically last around 2 years. Being a tech and service writer down in AZ, that was a pretty common average that we saw. As far as being under warranty, most manufacturers warranty the battery within base warranty (3/36 example). But even if purchased outside of warranty, the batteries will typically have a full replacement warranty and/or a pro-rated warranty after that.

But....in the case of modifications, well......the dealers have a pretty good case that aftermarket suspension components and larger tires cause battery failures. That's fact right there. :flag_bs:

USMC Wrangler

I figured he was full of it, but simply had no time to fight it out. I didn't even get questioned on specs/VIN other than telling him I have a '13 JKU with 22,000 miles and a dead battery. If the Die Hard goes in two years, I know I'm covered for three. It was a whirlwind trip just to unload one truck full and the Jeep. Sometimes my need to resolve a problem leaves no room for patience. In 20/20 hindsight, I should have left it alone until I returned later this week and battled it out a bit with the dealer. The biggest problem was the Jeep was blocking my access to the garage for unloading and I was there solo.

USMC Wrangler

My beautiful wife got me a GoPro Hero4 Session for Christmas! Now, time to shop for mounts!

Last edited:

CCTX50

Just read your build thread. Nice build. I have been looking at the EVO Level for some time now and hopefully one day I will pull the trigger. Seems once I have the money, I always find something else to spend it on. (Family)

I have a GoPro Hero 4 Silver. I purchased the GoPro Jaws mount which I mount on my Rock Hard 4x4 cage. I have also used the GoPro sticky mounts on the windshield which have worked well. Hope the move to Arizona went well. I am in South Texas and wish I was a bit closer to Big Bend so it was not a full day drive to get there. Might try to get there in March for several days. Not sure if it will be the National Park or State Park. Suggestions?

USMC Wrangler

Thanks! Although I do a lot more commuting in the Jeep now, I have zero regrets on the EVO kit. I completely understand the Jeep parts vs. Family. The time will come when it's right for you.

I'll check out those mounts. Thanks!

The National Park is beautiful and most of the unpaved roads are just that. Black Gap and Old Ore are the most fun but not really a challenge when dry. In the 2 years I was in the area I never made it to the State Park unfortunately. I hear some of the roads/trails there are much more challenging. Here's a pdf on the State Park http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_p4501_0152k.pdf .

There's also a forum www.bigbendchat.com that covers a lot about activities, lodging and all kinds of things to do when you visit the area. March should be pretty good weather.

The family and I are enjoying Arizona and the move went well! Hope your trip is memorable to the Big Bend area!

USMC Wrangler

So far the mount seems good. Then again, all I've gotten to do is drive back and forth to work lately. I did take a bunch of video last week during a snow storm here, using my phone. (I need to edit it still)

I am concerned that once the warm temps return the mount will rattle on the dash. I have some cloth strips on standby if that does in fact happen.

Top Bottom