I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Ok, all of the Spidertrax wheel spacers checked out after 125 miles since install! :thumb:

Then I decided I wanted an inch more lift in the back. I was already on 59 rear coils and a 3/4" spacer. The only 1" rear spacer I could find was the Teraflex brand. After looking at their install video I decided I'd use the Tera 1" with the EVO 3/4" in replacement of the factory spring isolator. It worked perfectly and got exactly one more inch. I know the Jeep is leaning drivers side a little in these shots. It's just the way the road is in front of the house...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441750547.894970.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441750606.378298.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441750624.346847.jpg

Oh, the best part was this...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441750652.566190.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441750667.483575.jpg

...more to come, but I'm done for today from the heat!

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

I received great news today! I will be moving to Arizona in less than two months! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Don't get me wrong, Texas is great if you have access to a town. The closest decent sized town is 4+ hours one way for me. It's been a great experience, but damn, I can't wait to be able to, well, go to any store/doctor/etc without one errand taking all day to drive there! :D Oh yeah, and can't wait to wheel again in AZ!!! I didn't have my Jeep when I lived there before, so this will be fun! The private lands thing in Texas kinda sucks if you don't know someone willing to let you wheel their land or live near an off road park.

dillard09

I received great news today! I will be moving to Arizona in less than two months! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Don't get me wrong, Texas is great if you have access to a town. The closest decent sized town is 4+ hours one way for me. It's been a great experience, but damn, I can't wait to be able to, well, go to any store/doctor/etc without one errand taking all day to drive there! :D Oh yeah, and can't wait to wheel again in AZ!!! I didn't have my Jeep when I lived there before, so this will be fun! The private lands thing in Texas kinda sucks if you don't know someone willing to let you wheel their land or live near an off road park.

Well congrats my man! Sounds like you are stoked. I have never wheeled in AZ might have to hit ya up someday out there. Best of luck with the move.

USMC Wrangler

Well congrats my man! Sounds like you are stoked. I have never wheeled in AZ might have to hit ya up someday out there. Best of luck with the move.

Very excited about this, yes! Hopefully I'll put some wheeling/camping runs over there with some advance notice. Would love to have ya!

Best of luck! I assume a job opportunity? What work you in?

Thank you! Yes, work related. Still with the gov, just civilian side of things.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Very nice. Now you can be closer to some amazing offroad trails.

Before you know it you won't have a 'stock' build.

USMC Wrangler

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443052468.358269.jpg

Taking a shortcut on something I planned on making myself. This was brought on by the upcoming move soon to AZ. I'll post more when I get this installed...

USMC Wrangler

Good guess based on the "move" comment, makes sense. Spider will be trailered behind the moving truck while the Mrs. pulls our cargo trailer.

I guess I could've waited until I got settled in to make what I bought. I worked some extra OT last week, got impatient and am stressing a little about getting everything packed up and moved.

tharb5111

We've moved 13 times in the last 16 years so I feel your stress about moving and packing is never fun. At least you got some fun jeep parts to look forward to! Everything is better when jeeps are involved.

USMC Wrangler

I need to wash Spider...rear pinch seam has 4 coats of VHT frame and chassis paint now. I'm not worried about the muffler right now. I may change that out in the future so I skipped painting that. I imagine the muffler would need regular touch up too, something I'm not interested in.

Before...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443293997.495208.jpg

After...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443293759.528901.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443293780.305372.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443293797.980937.jpg

Thanks to everyone on WAL that has done this! I really like it! :thumb:

Last edited:

tharb5111

Looks great! Nice work. I sprayed my muffler black acc have never had to touch it up and I trail ride creeks and construction zones a lot. Did two coats of high heat muffler black paint and it doesn't have a single scratch or wear. In case your thinking of painting it.

USMC Wrangler

Looks great! Nice work. I sprayed my muffler black acc have never had to touch it up and I trail ride creeks and construction zones a lot. Did two coats of high heat muffler black paint and it doesn't have a single scratch or wear. In case your thinking of painting it.

Thanks! I may end up painting the muffler. It will just have to be after moving. I think I'd like to remove the muffler to make sure I get it covered. Did you scuff yours up first or just shoot it?

Top Bottom