I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

I bet your happy. We are still getting flooded over here in the south and I don't have a garage, so it's going to be awhile before I can finish putting mine on

That sucks x2...flooding and no garage. Take a trip over to sunny AZ! You can use mine and no flooding. [emoji3]

Nice! How's the install on those? Hoping to do some Ranchos in the next year

It's all pretty easy except the top nut on the front. It's pretty tight and no way to get a socket let alone a torque wrench in there (short of removing the fenders, so far as I can tell). So I just made them good and tight. My passenger side inner fender was pushing down into the shock stud. After a few minutes with a dremel I made a little extra room in there. Everything else is a breeze.

All done!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457739534.815055.jpg

Good job. I have just been informed by my wife that I have to put on her poison spyder tire carrier tomorrow if it's not raining

That sucks x2...flooding and no garage. Take a trip over to sunny AZ! You can use mine and no flooding. [emoji3]

It's all pretty easy except the top nut on the front. It's pretty tight and no way to get a socket let alone a torque wrench in there (short of removing the fenders, so far as I can tell). So I just made them good and tight. My passenger side inner fender was pushing down into the shock stud. After a few minutes with a dremel I made a little extra room in there. Everything else is a breeze.

All done!

View attachment 192340

I had to do the dremel on my front passenger side too. I also had to use a rubber glove wrapped around the cylinder rod clamped down with vise grips, in order to tighten down the top nut. Not sure that was the "approved" method but it worked for me.

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Do you by chance know the free length of your shocks? Any driveshaft clearance issues at full droop? What does the cv joint look like at full droop?

Between work, family and having a sinus bug I have not fully cycled the suspension yet. If you aren't aware, you can go to the Rancho Suspension site, put in your vehicle and your lift height. It will give you the dimensions. For me running the EVO Leveling kit, I went with the 5326 and 5328 which is for the 0-2" suspension. For example...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457985597.341376.jpg

I had to do the dremel on my front passenger side too. I also had to use a rubber glove wrapped around the cylinder rod clamped down with vise grips, in order to tighten down the top nut. Not sure that was the "approved" method but it worked for me.

Glad I'm not the only one that had to dremel that! If I remember right, the nut on the top and cylinder side was a 19mm on the Rancho's vs 16mm on the stockers. So I cranked those top nuts down with a pair of wrenches. I'll check them again this weekend.

After some more road driving with the 5000's I'm very happy with the ride, compared to the Rubi take-offs!

Between work, family and having a sinus bug I have not fully cycled the suspension yet. If you aren't aware, you can go to the Rancho Suspension site, put in your vehicle and your lift height. It will give you the dimensions. For me running the EVO Leveling kit, I went with the 5326 and 5328 which is for the 0-2" suspension. For example...

View attachment 192908

Ahhh, i was just curious because i keep finding unproven data on the internet about the stock rubi shock lengths and im trying to replace them with bilstiens that are approximately 2 inches longer. I was originally going to get the set you mentioned but someone on here told me that they wouldnt be long enough, i ordered a set of 1.5-3 inch bilstien 5100s so i guess ill just have to see how they work out when they come in.

Ahhh, i was just curious because i keep finding unproven data on the internet about the stock rubi shock lengths and im trying to replace them with bilstiens that are approximately 2 inches longer. I was originally going to get the set you mentioned but someone on here told me that they wouldnt be long enough, i ordered a set of 1.5-3 inch bilstien 5100s so i guess ill just have to see how they work out when they come in.

Gotcha. My old Rubi shocks went the way of the garbage already since they were leaking. Otherwise I would've been happy to take some measurements for you. It may be a week or two before I get a chance to disconnect and find a spot to fully cycle the suspension.

When I did have the Rubi's on and the leveling kit, I had no binding or rubbing. I'm not sure if that helps or not, but just thought I'd mention it.

Gotcha. My old Rubi shocks went the way of the garbage already since they were leaking. Otherwise I would've been happy to take some measurements for you. It may be a week or two before I get a chance to disconnect and find a spot to fully cycle the suspension.

When I did have the Rubi's on and the leveling kit, I had no binding or rubbing. I'm not sure if that helps or not, but just thought I'd mention it.

Yeah i dont mind the ride of my rubi shocks but they give this strange feeling when taking off like theres no damping in the extension travel and theyre hitting their limit. Theyre plenty firm enough for compression but theres nothing slowing down the rebound, i think ive just got them stretched too far, hoping the longer bilstiens will help with that.

All done!

View attachment 192340

How is the ride, so far?

If I remember anything about running my Rubi shocks with the EVO level, I remember that it was a stiff shock. So this is making me sway more towards the ranchos when I do upgrade.

If I remember anything about running my Rubi shocks with the EVO level, I remember that it was a stiff shock. So this is making me sway more towards the ranchos when I do upgrade.

The guys at evo recommended the ranchos with the leveling kit

I didn't realize how stiff they were until installing the Rancho's. I've only got about 100 miles on them since I've been sick all week, but I can't say enough times how much better they feel.

Yeah, while the rebate is on, too. Thx for the info.

Absolutely!

The guys at evo recommended the ranchos with the leveling kit

I know why, first hand, now.

Top Bottom