I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Finally feeling human again! Spider got new CB antenna wire with hand soldered ends to replace the broken wire. Also, scrubbed everything inside and out. I used my new 2000psi electric pressure washer and wow did the fenders, front bumper, mirrors and door handles come out great!!! No pics because I was putting 303 on the plastic at dark.

USMC Wrangler

I have been using 303 for awhile now. Can't say enough good things about it! The pressure washer really lifted the 2 1/2 years of grime.

Napalm

I have been using 303 for awhile now. Can't say enough good things about it! The pressure washer really lifted the 2 1/2 years of grime.

Once I learned how to use 303 that's when I really started enjoying it. The first couple of times I sprayed it right on the fender and it left some nasty residue

USMC Wrangler

I can't explain this, but I've picked up a little more than 1 mpg since changing the shocks and cleaning Spider. I guess that's how dirty it was!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458839559.602449.jpg

USMC Wrangler

You have got to be kidding. How and the hell did you do that. If I feather the pedal for a week I can barely get to 17 mpg hahaha. This is some shit ha. But that's great for you

My commute is just shy of 80 miles round trip and mostly 55-65 MPH. But it is through some semi-mountainous terrain. With my skinny 33's and 3.21 gears still, that's my best guess.

I could do that before the winch & ditching the air dam, but not now.

My air dam has been off for awhile now. I am running the Superchips 87 Perf program, if that makes a difference, I don't know??? I completely expect it to drop with a bumper and winch. Otherwise, I still don't have an explanation.

The onboard cpu isn't probably the most accurate, but it has stayed between 19.8-20.0 all week this week. It's usually between 18.7-19.0. I'm off the next 10 days, so I'll try to remember to do some manual calculations when I go back to work.

USMC Wrangler

Never, has mine come close to this. It usually hangs around 13.5 now. Good thing I didn't buy it for the mileage.

Ha ha! I know what you mean. The '99 F150 I traded in was getting 8-10, on a good day, downhill with a tailwind. I have just been surprised to see this increase all of a sudden.

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

After a long time patiently searching, I found an acceptable price on a soft top in great shape! The seller and I have agreed on a meeting place/date/time for this, (pics are clearly not of my Jeep, but the sellers)...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459127915.173560.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459127926.973976.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459127952.348577.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459127965.893162.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459127984.009744.jpg

I'll be picking it up/installing it in about 48 hours!!! [emoji106]

Last edited:

Napalm

After almost 3 months of haggling the seller and I have agreed on a price and a meeting place/date/time for this, (pics are clearly not of my Jeep, but the sellers)...

Looks like a nice clean top. You're getting a nice deal :)

Exodus 4x4

Nice score on the top. Thinking about going this route soon, but bigger brakes and hydro-assist are going to have to come first. Congrats man

Eezybreezy08

After almost 3 months of haggling the seller and I have agreed on a price and a meeting place/date/time for this, (pics are clearly not of my Jeep, but the sellers)...

View attachment 194949

View attachment 194950

View attachment 194951

View attachment 194952

View attachment 194953

Looks good bub. I just put some bestop tinted windows on my wife's 4 door. Glad it worked out for you and looking forward to see what it looks like on the jeep

USMC Wrangler

Well, Spider now has two different hats to wear!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459305176.884819.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459305197.865264.jpg

The only problem we ran into was the RH4x4 3rd row bar was covering the top hole for the rear bolt on bracket. I didn't even realize that's what those holes were for. (I'm still such a newbie! [emoji1]) We tried loosening the bar and sliding it but that didn't work. I met the seller in a shopping center parking lot, so with limited tools and time I just pulled the bar. It was about 3/4" too low. I'll just reinstall the bar in the next couple days in the comfort of my own driveway.

I was expecting the road noise to be worse than what it is with the soft top. I even hit I-10 on the way home with 40mph gusts. No big deal!

The windows have a few scuffs on them. What does everyone use on these factory soft top Windows to keep them clear???

Top Bottom