I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

I understand a box arrived at home with EVO tape on it. [emoji16]

I'm also working on an unexpected upgrade that I may not be able to pass up. It's a smoking deal IMO if it works out. I'll know more on Saturday. [emoji106]

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

I did in fact get home last night to find this...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469813819.673201.jpg

More packing materials! [emoji1]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469813905.309470.jpg

And the real contents...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469813936.877389.jpg

As I said in an earlier post, I realize the biggest function of these will be to clean up the appearance of the front wheel wells.

Without

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469814034.067799.jpg

With mini-liner

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469814056.817685.jpg

I will be rattle canning these with bed liner. The plan is to also cut off the stud that is pointing straight down. All those threads are excessive for these liners and could potentially contact my tire. I hope to get that done after checking out my potential upgrade deal in Tucson tomorrow.

USMC Wrangler

So, a guy in Tucson wanted 33's due to some health issues. He traded me my 33's and stock wheels for his Cooper STT's in 35x12.50x17 straight across. They do have some outer corner chunks, but all 5 have replacement warranties, through Discount Tire, transferred to me!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469900524.531860.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469900538.521596.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469900549.199440.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469900561.539684.jpg

The wheels have 4.5" back space and are the MB's with the round holes. Loving this!!!

USMC Wrangler

So I tried the rubber cork trick for my spare tire isolaters. I guess since the wheels have the 4.5" bs it won't reach.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469916505.859138.jpg

I've reluctantly ordered the daystar extensions. I'm hoping I get an improved set over the "cheap foam" version. Those will be here Tuesday.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So I tried the rubber cork trick for my spare tire isolaters. I guess since the wheels have the 4.5" bs it won't reach.

View attachment 215185

I've reluctantly ordered the daystar extensions. I'm hoping I get an improved set over the "cheap foam" version. Those will be here Tuesday.

Cancel your order and get 1.5" pvc pipe and end caps from Home Depot. I'll take pics of mine tomorrow when it stops raining.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Awesome! Will do and looking forward to the pics!

Done!
View attachment 215188

Here is a picture of the end caps from the internet since when I do grab photos you won't be able to see them all that well.

1469918446275.jpg

I'm pretty sure that two caps and a five foot section of pipe set me back $6.

I eye balled the length that I cut the pipe at so I don't have an exact mesurement.

USMC Wrangler

Here is a picture of the end caps from the internet since when I do grab photos you won't be able to see them all that well.

View attachment 215197

I'm pretty sure that two caps and a five foot section of pipe set me back $6.

I eye balled the length that I cut the pipe at so I don't have an exact mesurement.

Perfect! That's helpful, thanks! I assume you install the non-capped end of the PVC into the factory isolator??? If so, is it a tight fit or is an adhesive needed?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Perfect! That's helpful, thanks! I assume you install the non-capped end of the PVC into the factory isolator??? If so, is it a tight fit or is an adhesive needed?

It's a tight fit. My stock isolators were already trimmed because I was using tennis balls before the pipe. You might have to trim your to get it to fit.

Exodus 4x4

So, a guy in Tucson wanted 33's due to some health issues. He traded me my 33's and stock wheels for his Cooper STT's in 35x12.50x17 straight across. They do have some outer corner chunks, but all 5 have replacement warranties, through Discount Tire, transferred to me!

View attachment 215131

View attachment 215132

View attachment 215133

View attachment 215134

The wheels have 4.5" back space and are the MB's with the round holes. Loving this!!!

Dude that's awesome! Although I do love my STT Pros's, the original STT was a better looking tread and I kind of miss mine.

Top Bottom