I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Dude that's awesome! Although I do love my STT Pros's, the original STT was a better looking tread and I kind of miss mine.

I'm still pinching myself a little at his generosity! I'm glad it was beneficial for both of us.

These are the original models, as you pointed out. Apparently there are still 100's of these in the warehouses in AZ. The manager told me that when I asked about the replacement certs. I was wondering what would happen when/if these weren't available anymore. He told me about current warehouse stock. He also told me when that stock is depleted they would replace with the Pro version. For what it is worth...

Exodus 4x4

I'm still pinching myself a little at his generosity! I'm glad it was beneficial for both of us.

These are the original models, as you pointed out. Apparently there are still 100's of these in the warehouses in AZ. The manager told me that when I asked about the replacement certs. I was wondering what would happen when/if these weren't available anymore. He told me about current warehouse stock. He also told me when that stock is depleted they would replace with the Pro version. For what it is worth...

Yeah but, I'm rollin on 37x13.5 now at an E range. I don't think the originals were that beefy.

USMC Wrangler

Yeah but, I'm rollin on 37x13.5 now at an E range. I don't think the originals were that beefy.

Gotcha. These are an E range too. I have no idea if that's the standard for 35x12.5 or not. (I'm still completely new to this brand, model & size. AKA, a noob!)

Exodus 4x4

Gotcha. These are an E range too. I have no idea if that's the standard for 35x12.5 or not. (I'm still completely new to this brand, model & size. AKA, a noob!)

Yeah I think for the 35's it was, I just don't know that they were for 37's. Hell I don't know if they even made them in 37". I ran those in 35" for a good minute with the 4.10's before I finally regeared to 4.88. You won't believe the difference when you finally do it.

USMC Wrangler

Cancel your order and get 1.5" pvc pipe and end caps from Home Depot. I'll take pics of mine tomorrow when it stops raining.

Thanks MR.Ty! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I ran to Home Depot and found black pvc and black, flattop caps in 1.5". I cut about 1/4" off the tire side of the factory isolators all the way around on both. Then I wedged the pvc over the factory isolators. Then through trial and error I found the right length to securely isolate the spare on my factory tire carrier.

Items bought were (2) 1.5" caps and (1) pre-cut 2' piece of black pvc. Pay no attention to the tape on the receipt. It was not for this project...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469936100.266255.jpg

Pass side
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469936162.547297.jpg

Driver's side
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469936189.621585.jpg

If the rubber compresses or the plastic seats further, I have plenty of the pvc left over to adjust.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Glad to see you got it all done! Now you can focus on finding time to get out and enjoy those new to you 35s. :yup:

USMC Wrangler

Glad to see you got it all done! Now you can focus on finding time to get out and enjoy those new to you 35s. :yup:

Absolutely. The family and I are heading out in a couple hours. I couldn't get another vehicle to join us today, so we will explore some mild stuff close to home. I need to find a spot to check for rubbing. I haven't really had any with the EVO leveling and 33's. I'm not sure if the taller and wider tire will change any of that.

Looks great
Those 35s will take you almost anywhere

Thanks! So nice to have them!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Absolutely. The family and I are heading out in a couple hours. I couldn't get another vehicle to join us today, so we will explore some mild stuff close to home. I need to find a spot to check for rubbing. I haven't really had any with the EVO leveling and 33's. I'm not sure if the taller and wider tire will change any of that.

Thanks! So nice to have them!

During the brief period that Gregmort had his 4 door, EVO leveling kit, 35s, I'm pretty sure I remember Cozdude saying that he had minor rubbing that could be solved with a set of 1" hockey puck bump stops. I'd PM one of them to make sure.

USMC Wrangler

During the brief period that Gregmort had his 4 door, EVO leveling kit, 35s, I'm pretty sure I remember Cozdude saying that he had minor rubbing that could be solved with a set of 1" hockey puck bump stops. I'd PM one of them to make sure.

I remember seeing something about using the hockey pucks. I have some sitting in my Amazon cart. Thanks again for all the help! :yup:

USMC Wrangler

Mini liners installed and the excess studs pointing straight down have been cut off...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469988330.837563.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469988346.864588.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469988363.582978.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469988375.022791.jpg

Heading out to Garden Canyon soon! [emoji16]

USMC Wrangler

We had a great time exploring Fort Huachuca today. Unfortunately the best part of the video I took isn't showing up on my GoPro card!!! Guess I'll have to go do it again!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470010292.357884.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470010309.726268.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I should mention, even though I didn't find a "full stuff" flex point, I did hear some rubbing after the front sway bar was disconnected. I didn't have time to turn around and duplicate it since we had storms bearing down on us. It did sound like it was in the front. Hockey pucks are on order.

Also, I am on the fence about selling my hard top. When we bought the soft top a few months back I mentioned selling it to my darling wife. She was adamant we keep it. I can't run a hoist at my current rental, so it's (1) sitting on the garage floor taking up space. (2) If I sell it for around $1500 I could either get the 4.88 regear and rear locker or a winch.

I think my wife understands the winch. I tried showing her today that the Jeep was down shifting in places (on pavement) that it didn't before the tire upgrade. I honestly think it's not as bad as I expected, but sure would love to dump the 3.21 gears.

On the flip side, I do get nervous about having recovery gear or anything of value in the Jeep, with the soft top and in a parking lot, like Walmart, Lowe's, etc. I don't have the room for any kind of large security cabinet.

Any real world input would be grateful.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

Yes! I got your PM but figured id reply on here for anyone that needs the information. One my previous 4 door, my rear rubbed A LOT worse then my front. For a while wheeling we actually feared slicing my tire open. The front wasn't so so bad on mine. I had only had my four door for a few months and never actually got to install the hockey pucks, but that would of resolved the issue no doubt. Im 99% sure one hockey puck all the way around would of resolved my issue, but then again i was running my 35s on rubicon rims with 1.5" wheel spacers, I'm not sure how that equates to your current backspacing so that will come into effect.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470052889.407231.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470052900.728007.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470052912.596627.jpg

The best part about the hockey pucks is you can always add one [emoji16] my plan for installing one was honestly just to liquids nails it to the coil perch. If i had to run two, i would have just drilled a hole throigh the pucks and just ran a nice self taper with a washer on it down through. If they fell off, it wasn't a huge deal, it was like 4$ for two hockey pucks. Its all trial and error my friend!

My jeep i have now had a shitty Rubicon express lift on it when i bought it, so i still have the 3" bump-stops on it with my leveling kit right now (this is a two door though, leveling kit lifted it a lot higher) i plan to remove them and run no bunpstop extension in the rear and probably a hockey puck or two in the front whichever works out better (also depends what i upgrade my shocks too as to not over compress them.)

Its honestly just trial and error! I would try one all the way around and go from there!

Lone Star

Also, I am on the fence about selling my hard top. When we bought the soft top a few months back I mentioned selling it to my darling wife. She was adamant we keep it.

On the flip side, I do get nervous about having recovery gear or anything of value in the Jeep, with the soft top and in a parking lot, like Walmart, Lowe's, etc. I don't have the room for any kind of large security cabinet.

Any real world input would be grateful.

I too am curious about this. I will be adding the 3rd row seat and roll bar in mine as well, and my wife wants the hard top, (her only reason that she gives me is that she doesn't want the noise and flapping of the soft top - she tells me of an experience with one of her friends growing up that an old TJ with soft top, half doors and it was annoying) I told her they are a lot different now than they used to be and we will have full doors. I wouldn't mind having the Soft top from the get go, We will be running a Gobi roof rack on it too, so i'm trying to convince her it would be easier and better to have the soft top with ease of removing it and we can just unzip the back windows for the kids in the very back, whereas with the Hardtop, we couldn't. But security when out and about and traveling half way across the country sticks in my head. Granted, when traveling with family like that, everything will be on roof rack and outside of jeep anyways, besides the electronics we bring with us, I guess Tuffy drawers for under our seats is best bet, going this route with only soft top?

Lone Star

With the third row bar and seat, will the Soft top fold all the way down and tuck in behind the third row seat?

USMC Wrangler

Yes! I got your PM but figured id reply on here for anyone that needs the information. One my previous 4 door, my rear rubbed A LOT worse then my front. For a while wheeling we actually feared slicing my tire open. The front wasn't so so bad on mine. I had only had my four door for a few months and never actually got to install the hockey pucks, but that would of resolved the issue no doubt. Im 99% sure one hockey puck all the way around would of resolved my issue, but then again i was running my 35s on rubicon rims with 1.5" wheel spacers, I'm not sure how that equates to your current backspacing so that will come into effect.

View attachment 215438

View attachment 215439

View attachment 215440

The best part about the hockey pucks is you can always add one [emoji16] my plan for installing one was honestly just to liquids nails it to the coil perch. If i had to run two, i would have just drilled a hole throigh the pucks and just ran a nice self taper with a washer on it down through. If they fell off, it wasn't a huge deal, it was like 4$ for two hockey pucks. Its all trial and error my friend!

My jeep i have now had a shitty Rubicon express lift on it when i bought it, so i still have the 3" bump-stops on it with my leveling kit right now (this is a two door though, leveling kit lifted it a lot higher) i plan to remove them and run no bunpstop extension in the rear and probably a hockey puck or two in the front whichever works out better (also depends what i upgrade my shocks too as to not over compress them.)

Its honestly just trial and error! I would try one all the way around and go from there!

Thanks for all the info and pics. [emoji106]

I did order 4 hockey pucks. The trial and error will begin soon!

USMC Wrangler

With the third row bar and seat, will the Soft top fold all the way down and tuck in behind the third row seat?

In my opinion, comparing factory hard top to soft top, there is some more road noise with the soft. It's not huge. I don't hear any flapping unless all the windows are down, rear window rolled up and the rear soft top windows installed. It's occasional and only seems to happen at 60-65+ and a crosswind hits.

I did try to fold the soft top all the way down with the 3rd row in. With the RH4x4 bar installed it's not so simple. One of the rear top hinge bars must be unattached from the factory cage on each side.

So what I do is use the sunrider feature on the soft top, roll up the rear window and door windows down. The kids in the back get some shade but we get plenty of air flow.

I hope that helps.

Lone Star

In my opinion, comparing factory hard top to soft top, there is some more road noise with the soft. It's not huge. I don't hear any flapping unless all the windows are down, rear window rolled up and the rear soft top windows installed. It's occasional and only seems to happen at 60-65+ and a crosswind hits.

Is there much difference in road noise between factory soft top and the Premium soft top/ or Aftermarket soft top? Do you know?

I did try to fold the soft top all the way down with the 3rd row in. With the RH4x4 bar installed it's not so simple. One of the rear top hinge bars must be unattached from the factory cage on each side.

Doing this will it fit tucked in behind the 3rd row seat all the way down? Just curious.

So what I do is use the sunrider feature on the soft top, roll up the rear window and door windows down. The kids in the back get some shade but we get plenty of air flow.

I hope that helps.

This is probably how we would run it the majority of the time. sounds like logical option. :)

Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit. But i appreciate your responses for me.

Top Bottom