I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Next hurdle, test fitting on the Jeep. Already running into resistance. The inner top portion of the frame rails, on both sides are in the way...for now.

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Very clean. Looks awesome. :thumb:

Thanks!

As the sun sets on this great day to paint (72 degrees earlier) I'm using a shop light for the last bit of cure time. Unfortunately one of my bulbs blew.

IMG_2354.jpg

I hope to have the bumper and winch installed tonight and all wired up. Time permitting I will get the rope installed and plan to give it a stretch tomorrow.

USMC Wrangler

[emoji106]🏻 That bumper is just begging for a Warn!

Agreed! A Warn it will be, eventually.

Hey sipafz, remember this??? Guess it's true now!

So close!
Strong work.
In the end how much did the bumper cost?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

+ or - $375. Some extra paint and grinding/sanding materials were all I had to get for the most recent adjustments. All the steel was left over from the original build.

It has been pretty cool watching you build that bumper over time

Thanks!

Wow very sharp! I really like the offset of the winch. Nice job. It really pays off to take the time and pay attention to the details.

Thank you! Up close it is noticeable that this is no store bought bumper, but I'm ok with that. It's been a great learning experience and one heck of a workout!

Stay tuned...

USMC Wrangler

Sweet. Before you do anything, don't forget to slide the abrasion sleeve over the rope.

I almost forgot that, but saw your post so thanks!

Almost all done, but done for tonight. The line is spooled way too close to the top of the bumper for my comfort. I'll unspool it tomorrow and take a file to it. Of course still need to give the line a stretch too.

IMG_2360.jpg

Poser shots after all that work...

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

Thanks again for all the compliments! It's been a ton of work but I'm pleased how it turned out. I'm so glad I didn't settle for the quick solution of top mounting it.

Eezybreezy08

I almost forgot that, but saw your post so thanks!

Almost all done, but done for tonight. The line is spooled way too close to the top of the bumper for my comfort. I'll unspool it tomorrow and take a file to it. Of course still need to give the line a stretch too.

View attachment 235330

Poser shots after all that work...

View attachment 235331

View attachment 235332

View attachment 235333

Thanks again for all the compliments! It's been a ton of work but I'm pleased how it turned out. I'm so glad I didn't settle for the quick solution of top mounting it.

What rock lights are you using? I'm thinking about doing that next and I read the write up on here but I'm curious if Walmart is still selling the platinum burners

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

What rock lights are you using? I'm thinking about doing that next and I read the write up on here but I'm curious if Walmart is still selling the platinum burners

I used Eagle Eye LED's from Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VL9LNVO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) as well as a push button switch from Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BWK1I4I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I bought a fuse block from Autozone and wired it together. I made my own brackets plus mounted one light in each EVO front inner liner. Ten lights total, five on each side, two in each wheel well and one on the back side of the body mount, essentially between the doors. I detailed it a page or two back.

Eezybreezy08

I used Eagle Eye LED's from Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VL9LNVO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) as well as a push button switch from Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BWK1I4I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I bought a fuse block from Autozone and wired it together. I made my own brackets plus mounted one light in each EVO front inner liner. Ten lights total, five on each side, two in each wheel well and one on the back side of the body mount, essentially between the doors. I detailed it a page or two back.

I'll have to go back through your build and read it then. I appreciate the info. I've been looking on Amazon I just don't want to spend a lot. I just wanted to make sure they are bright

Top Bottom