I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

In the spirit of the the baseball season getting started, my wife and I took a short drive to Bisbee and the Warren Ballpark.

"Bisbee, Arizona boasts an exciting piece of baseball history. It is home to the Warren Ballpark, considered the oldest continuously used professional baseball venue in the country. The field was built in 1909, five years before Wrigley Field in Chicago!"

Source and more info if interested: http://arizonaexperience.org/remember/warren-ballpark

The annual vintage Copper Classic games are this weekend. They wear period correct uniforms and follow rules from the 1860's. I hope after little league games in the morning, the family and I can make it down there for a game.

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3076.JPG

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I got a good start on a compromise project. Last year I stored my hardtop on my garage floor and was constantly worried the kids would mess it up. It was also in the way a lot. Since I'm a renter, I'm not allowed to use a hoist inside the garage.

So, with some left over pipe from the tube doors, some angle iron and some other scrap, my soon to be rolling hardtop/Jeep goodies cart project is coming along.

I need to button up some welds, make the caster mounting plates and pickup some plywood. The hardtop and freedom panels will go on the top shelf. Various tool bags and such will go on the bottom shelf. I may also rig something up to hold my set of doors that aren't being used.

Here's how it sits now...

IMG_3100.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I got a good start on a compromise project. Last year I stored my hardtop on my garage floor and was constantly worried the kids would mess it up. It was also in the way a lot. Since I'm a renter, I'm not allowed to use a hoist inside the garage.

So, with some left over pipe from the tube doors, some angle iron and some other scrap, my soon to be rolling hardtop/Jeep goodies cart project is coming along.

I need to button up some welds, make the caster mounting plates and pickup some plywood. The hardtop and freedom panels will go on the top shelf. Various tool bags and such will go on the bottom shelf. I may also rig something up to hold my set of doors that aren't being used.

Here's how it sits now...

View attachment 253831

Nice. Anxious to see it all come together.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Sucks that you can't have a hoist, but a cart is the next best thing! Looks like a good start!

USMC Wrangler

Looks good, but the red needle on the right is sitting on the '1' and the red needle on the left is on the '0'. Not symmetrical. :grayno:

Ah, well, proof there are different levels of OCD. I feel so scientific now! [emoji16]

Holy crap it's hot in AZ! [emoji12]

Well, I was parked in the sun all morning before work. The temp always reads hotter until I get moving and the air flowing. A couple miles down the road it was 85.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, not yet. That was immediately after starting the engine after it had been sitting in the sun all morning. We are supposed to be in the 90's this weekend though.

I won't lie, winter has hung around for us for way longer than I would have preferred this year. If we're lucky, we'll get up into the high 60's this weekend. :crazyeyes:

USMC Wrangler

I won't lie, winter has hung around for us for way longer than I would have preferred this year. If we're lucky, we'll get up into the high 60's this weekend. :crazyeyes:

I've been wondering about that after seeing your recent pictures. I hope it warms up for you soon! You're welcome to come join us for a weekend to warm up if necessary!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been wondering about that after seeing your recent pictures. I hope it warms up for you soon! You're welcome to come join us for a weekend to warm up if necessary!

LOL!! It took long enough but it's getting there. Of course, no reason to not visit AZ too :crazyeyes:

USMC Wrangler

Dang! Can't catch a break!

After almost 14 years, our dachshund, Frankie, took his last ride to the veterinarian office yesterday. Losing my Mom a few months ago was devastating and it hurts almost as bad seeing the pain my wife and kids are going through right now. I'm not trying to compare the two as I recognize the difference.

Here's a pic of the wee guy when he was healthy and vibrant a few years back. He was using the kids frisbee as a pad to lay on! He was deeply loved even though he was a rascal and we miss him terribly! I haven't had to go through that with a pet since I was very young. It's not much better as a parent.

IMG_3145.jpg

Thankfully, we have our standard poodle, Colt, to help reduce the sting of losing a family pet of so many years. Colt loves Spider! He keeps the Jeep from rolling away. That's what I said to him to get him to sit for this pic.

IMG_3144.jpg

Top Bottom