I'm purposely getting banned... because I can't follow the rules

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know why the USA is a free country?

Because we have the 1st Amendment, that keeps your opinions safe from government retribution.

But... It also gives the freedom for someone to own a website privately, and allows for the owner to put restrictions on members who have clicked the icon agreeing to abide by the terms the owner placed as a condition of membership of the forum.

Ed Lapadura agreed to abide by forum rules, but then turned around and broke his word.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
I listed my occupation. Take everyone's occupation off and I will

Listing your occupation would be posting that you're an auto mechanic, or even an owner of a shop, and still be within the rules. Posting that you own XYZ Shop is not within the rules that you agreed to as a condition of membership.

And peeling Wayalife stickers off because you broke your word to abide by forum rules is pretty much making the point that you're whining about your own misdeed.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
This is where I was going with why the USA is free. Americans will not stand for tyrannical rule. I agree whole heartedly with your comments and believe that many people leave for this reason and that equates to lost revenue to sponsors. I'm not saying to allow gross impropriety, but attacking like a pack of wolves equates to simple school yard bullying. This is completely out of hand.

Tyrannical? A web based forum has control over your life?

Look... Anyone who wants to shell out the coin for their own discussion forum can do so. Or they can find one they like and post there. But, you're basically saying that the money that Eddie/WOL is spending to have a forum operational should be subject to the whim of others.

I don't see where tyranny comes into the discussion when it's a forum that all of us have agreed to abide by the rules, no matter how sane or ridiculous one may find them.

MarkW13

Tyrannical? A web based forum has control over your life?

Look... Anyone who wants to shell out the coin for their own discussion forum can do so. Or they can find one they like and post there. But, you're basically saying that the money that Eddie/WOL is spending to have a forum operational should be subject to the whim of others.

I don't see where tyranny comes into the discussion when it's a forum that all of us have agreed to abide by the rules, no matter how sane or ridiculous one may find them.

You're way off base. It has to do with the wolfpack mentality as a means of control. Sometimes you get more flies with honey than you do with shit.

In no way is this forum controlling my life and I really appreciate this forum for what it has to offer. I believe this is a very ugly side that could be softened to create a better business model.

As a side note, it is always appropriate to accept you are wrong if rules are broken, even accidentally and I fully expect to get called out if i'm wrong and do agree if Ed would have just made a minor concession none of this would have happened.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You're way off base. It has to do with the wolfpack mentality as a means of control. Sometimes you get more flies with honey than you do with shit.

In no way is this forum controlling my life and I really appreciate this forum for what it has to offer. I believe this is a very ugly side that could be softened to create a better business model.

As a side note, it is always appropriate to accept you are wrong if rules are broken, even accidentally and I fully expect to get called out if i'm wrong and do agree if Ed would have just made a minor concession none of this would have happened.

I'll give you a hint, if Eddie gave a flying fuck how anyone thinks he should run his business, he would ask. He hasn't.

Let it go.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug

Where does it end?

This guy wants his shop to potentially be advertised without paying for it on the forum. Whether or not he could have asked to have a contract drawn up with Eddie... I don't know. But there are already companies here who are using the forum to advertise using their own dollars to help defray the costs of the forum's operation. Why should a shop be able to advertise for free when other people pony up the money for the right to advertise?

dillard09

Whether or not he intentionally put his shop there for advertising . He got called out on it and should have changed it. That would have been end of story. Rules are rules and these are not meant for breaking! Instead I got alot of laughs reading some dumb shit! 😂

MarkW13

Where does it end?

This guy wants his shop to potentially be advertised without paying for it on the forum. Whether or not he could have asked to have a contract drawn up with Eddie... I don't know. But there are already companies here who are using the forum to advertise using their own dollars to help defray the costs of the forum's operation. Why should a shop be able to advertise for free when other people pony up the money for the right to advertise?

The horse is dead.

jesse3638

Hooked

Softer approach? Really? If the OP had just abided by the rules he agreed to, this thread wouldn't be where it is now. If he had just admitted his error and fixed it when pointed out originally (frank asked nicely) this thread wouldn't be where it is now. He is the type that got a trophy when nothing was accomplished because mom and dad felt sorry. He has continued his life with the same expectations. Hard work and honesty go along way, not trying to snow some people on a forum. "It's just my occupation" is a total crock he knew what he was doing from the start. Trying to get free advertising. He's just like so many today, want free stuff and handouts. If he had put as much effort into his business as he had here trying to get free advertising then arguing that he did nothing wrong he just might have a successful business.

K.D.C.H

Then go create your own forum and create that better business model you're talking about. Sorry but the reason I love Wayalife isn't just the people on here and the runs that we do, it's also because they actually have rules and and hold those who break them accountable. Go visit another forum and I guarantee you won't see the sense of community anywhere else like you do here. This is a business that Eddie and Cindy OWN so they have every right to run it however they see fit, they also have the right to appoint certain members (moderators) to step in and speak on their behalf to enforce the rules that are set. If you don't like it then leave, no one is forcing anyone to be here.

I think what people are just getting sick and tired of having idiot after idiot joining the community, agreeing to the rules that are set in place and then when they get called out for blatantly breaking the rules they bitch and complain about the rules.

...if Ed would have just made a minor concession none of this would have happened.

Why should Eddie have to do anything? If the OP would have just followed the rules he agreed to none of this would have happened. Do people make mistakes, sure but if the OP would have just said "Sorry everyone, I fucked up, I'll correct my mistake" then this thread would have ended on the first page.

Bottom line is, this place has rules. Follow them or don't is up to you but don't expect anyone here to show their softer side if they don't

MarkW13

Why should Eddie have to do anything? If the OP would have just followed the rules he agreed to none of this would have happened. Do people make mistakes, sure but if the OP would have just said "Sorry everyone, I fucked up, I'll correct my mistake" then this thread would have ended on the first page.

Bottom line is, this place has rules. Follow them or don't is up to you but don't expect anyone here to show their softer side if they don't

Ed was the op.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well hell, I've been working on a Jeep all day and apparently missed all of the fun.

The rules apply equally to everyone, period. Don't like it, go somewhere else.

Top Bottom