It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is posible to swap LS engine with 6L80 for a 2DR JK ,how far back is the transfer and what is the rear drive shaft angle

Hard to say for sure, I would imagine so but a lot would depend on how long everything is and where the t-case will ultimately sit when all is said and done.

Is the body going to be pulled for the install?

Sent from some trail, somewhere

I'm sure they will just for better work space

What he said, pull the body to make the install of the new motor and tranny easier.

I'm finding it hard to work now...thanks a lot! Can't wait to see this as it is being built.:thumb:

LOL!! Glad to make your day at work more fun :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Switching to bolt-ons? :idontknow:

:cheesy: Oh yeah, that's what we're doing :crazyeyes:

Why's that?

Don't think they can get the lift to raise the body with the rocker guards in the way?

What Skid_kid said, they make the raising of the body tougher. We'll re-install them once everything is done. :yup:

she is just too cute

edit: how much for moby's old set?

Actually, we're keeping Moby's wheels and tires and will be handing them down to Rubicat. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why new wheels? Are the old ones just too beat up?

thinking new hole pattern???

andrew -

The Nitto K-spec tires, if he get them (as there are no promises), most likely do not come in 20". At least that would be my guess.

Also the 20's will not fit the ProRock 80, so the 60 is getting re-lugged also.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

As mentioned, we're switching our bolt pattern to 8-lug and unfortunately, ATX does not make a 20" wheel in that bolt pattern. So, we are stepping down to a 17" wheel and needed new tires to go with them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i thought the 60s were going to RubiCat???

andrew -

I believe just the rear one.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

But rubicat is getting the 40's? Hmm I'm pretty sure its going to be both axles?

No just the rear one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The plan is to hand down Moby's rear 60 to Rubicat and eventually get a 60 up front as well.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
DAY 1 - TEARDOWN

Here is a brief summary of what was accomplished yesterday:

-Set Superchips back to stock
-Removed front seats and center console
-Removed Instrument cluster so that it can be sent to MoTech
-Drained oil and radiator fluid
-Cut off EVO Sliders and installed rubicon rails so that body could be lifted off
-Removed front and rear driveshafts
-Removed Jeep PCM and LS ECM to send to MoTech for reprogramming
-Removed front bumper
-Removed radiator, batteries, air intake, and anything else attached to the body
-Removed the body mounts
-Lifted body off of frame

Here are a few more pics to add to what was already posted...

Getting Moby ready to be racked
main.php

The interior after removing front seats and center console
main.php

Removing the instrument cluster
main.php

Time to lift Moby up
main.php

Draining the fluids
main.php

main.php

Removing the driveshafts
main.php

Removing the front bumper
main.php

Removing the body mounts
main.php

Cutting off the EVO Sliders - the body can't be lifted off with them in place
main.php

main.php

Installing rubicon rails
main.php

Lifting the body off
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Our new 8 lug ATX Slab wheels
main.php

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Mobys belly should get a little bath while he is lifted up like that lol........... This process is so cool to watch!

RubiConnor

It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

New atxs for Moby? I like it I like it. Are you sticking with the white trim? I think that's just the icing on the cake for Mobys appearance.

JAGS

Hooked
The plan is to hand down Moby's rear 60 to Rubicat and eventually get a 60 up front as well.

So Moby will be 60 front and 80 rear while CAT will be stock 44 front and PR60 rear? You worried about running the 40s on cat with the stock 44 up front?

Though I guess in thinking ahead, you wont need/want to run CAT as hard once Moby is all fixed up. So while on 40s, you wont be wheeling too hard on the rocks where/when most damage would occur. LOL, guess I answered my question. Nevermind. :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

bl17z90

If i can put in my 2 cents. Maybe they arn't going to put the 40's on Rubicat until they have a 60 for up front. They can't add the rear 60 to Rubicat or they'll have to regear the front and if i have oearned anything about Eddie and Cindy its they do very well to plan ahead.

JAGS

Hooked

Oh I know. I've talked with them enough. Just when they said eventually for the front, it made me think it wasn't eventually for the rear.

But your scenario could play true as well.

Top Bottom