It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

NY1982JK

Awesome to see this project finally underway! I'm assuming that since you cut off the EVO sliders the way you did that you plan on replacing those well used sliders with a fresh set? Can't wait to see more of this beastly transplant!:thumb:

WhiteDynamite

This has to feel like waking up on Christmas morning knowing you have the biggest present under the tree. Do you have butterflies in your stomach everytime you think of how it's going to turn out?? ;)

rws

So what were the deciding factors that made you decide to go with the 6.2 Vortec? I've had both the Hemi and Vortecs in our work trucks so I have experience with both.. Interested to hear your opinion as I'm currently researching a power swap on my JKU as well..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

This has to feel like waking up on Christmas morning knowing you have the biggest present under the tree. Do you have butterflies in your stomach everytime you think of how it's going to turn out?? ;)

LOL - actually, I pulled the wiring harness today and was a little concerned about everything going back together in the end 😁

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

So what were the deciding factors that made you decide to go with the 6.2 Vortec? I've had both the Hemi and Vortecs in our work trucks so I have experience with both.. Interested to hear your opinion as I'm currently researching a power swap on my JKU as well..

First, we should be clear on the fact that we're specifically talking about doing this on a JK. having said that, the L94 shouldn't have the same over heating issues that HEMIs seem to have, it will be easier to program, will be lighter in weight, is smaller, will fit better in a JK, has lots of aftermarket support, better MPG and we've heard a lot of good things about the 6L80 tranny.

rws

First, we should be clear on the fact that we're specifically talking about doing this on a JK. having said that, the L94 shouldn't have the same over heating issues that HEMIs seem to have, it will be easier to program, will be lighter in weight, is smaller, will fit better in a JK, has lots of aftermarket support, better MPG and we've heard a lot of good things about the 6L80 tranny.

The LS3 is only 6lbs heavier than the wonderful 3.8 that we both have and I'd imagine the L96 is the same.. I'm a GM guy and with you on the LS platform being better across the board, it's just not as strong across the band.. You thinking about putting a Maggy on it down the road? Adds a shitload more low end torque and doesn't effect mpg..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The LS3 is only 6lbs heavier than the wonderful 3.8 that we both have and I'd imagine the L96 is the same.. I'm a GM guy and with you on the LS platform being better across the board, it's just not as strong across the band.. You thinking about putting a Maggy on it down the road? Adds a shitload more low end torque and doesn't effect mpg..

You never know but, one thing at a time :)

Top Bottom