It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

htweelz

LOL!! Yeah, Moby lost his warranty a long long time ago and only recently found that he had been flagged as well.

Flagged by Chrysler not GM...it has a GM heart now so just run it by the local Chevy dealer and see what they have to say. :cheesy:

Definitely following this thread and dreaming that I had the resources to do this.

phillypete

It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

Flagged by Chrysler not GM...it has a GM heart now so just run it by the local Chevy dealer and see what they have to say. :cheesy:

Definitely following this thread and dreaming that I had the resources to do this.

Can you imagine the look on the GM tech as Moby pulls in and then as he sticks his head under the hood!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Back at off road evolution and back at work on Moby. To start off, we're using our frame off opportunity to beef up some of our existing brackets.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370539543.883866.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
this is a PERFECT time to make sure everything is welded on well just liek you said Eddie! what do you thin your time frame for completion is? another week or so?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

this is a PERFECT time to make sure everything is welded on well just liek you said Eddie! what do you thin your time frame for completion is? another week or so?

Still waiting on the last wiring harness. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll be able to fire it up next week. Totally completion is still a ways off.

jkmadness

Im not sure if this been asked yet. But why the D80? Is it because of the power output from the engine?

Welcome to Wayalife, the most probably answer is YES,now everything is beefed up Engine ,tranny and transfer case so it makes sense and he might put on bigger shoes than 40's down the road also.

BoogieMan

Welcome to Wayalife, the most probably answer is YES,now everything is beefed up Engine ,tranny and transfer case so it makes sense and he might put on bigger shoes than 40's down the road also.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread OP.

I'm planning on a build myself with a high torque diesel engine. Will the D60's be enough to handle the power from the engine or should consider going for a D80?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

He will never go bigger then 40's I can assure you.

firecrew1

now i may be wrong but i thought the pr60 was a high pinion?? with the power of this new motor/trans it may put to much stress on it causing a premature failure, were the pr 80 will last it also has a very large ring gear, 11"+ i believe, that will hold up to the power of the v8

bl17z90

Yeah he has talked before and said bigger than 40 is more cons than pros. Mel had 42's at one pount and went back down to 40's

billybob990

Re: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

Sorry to hi-jack the thread OP.

I'm planning on a build myself with a high torque diesel engine. Will the D60's be enough to handle the power from the engine or should consider going for a D80?

You should be fine, most 3/4 ton pickups come out with Dana 60 front and Dana 60/70 rear

olllllllo

PortugalJK

I would Bring it to jeep tell them you don't know why but it Surges when u hit the gas just to see the tech face when he pops the hood lmao

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
This one's for you GCM 2 :thumb: :D

main.php

Top Bottom