It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

mrmet1983

It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - 6.2L LS Motor Swap

Do you have any ideas on how to protect the transmission and engine pans? The old skid plates won't work anymore.

How about some pics of what it looks like underneath so we can see what you are working with

Sent from my JK

Moochie

How about some pics of what it looks like underneath so we can see what you are working with

Sent from my JK

I'm not far enough along for photos yet. Long arms make it more difficult (impossible?) to use a cross member skid under the trans. Of course the type that bolt on to the engine and transmission aren't designed for the new GM components.

mrmet1983

I'm not far enough along for photos yet. Long arms make it more difficult (impossible?) to use a cross member skid under the trans. Of course the type that bolt on to the engine and transmission aren't designed for the new GM components.

Hmmmm...... Seems like you might have to use some steel plate and make your own skid that bolts to the frame rails without a cross member. I'm sure Eddie will chime in with what he did or is doing on moby

Sent from my JK

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates?

Not really. Off Road Evolution is busy getting ready for the UA so we haven't been able to work on Moby at all this week. We did just get a few more parts in and I will post up pics of them soon. :)

Also, in case anyone missed it, we posted a short timelapse video of the start of the build:

Let the SUPERSIZING Begin : Short Timelapse Video of Moby's LS Swap

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
The last of the parts are in (I hope) :)

MoTech Cruise Control and Tap Shift package
main.php

Our reprogrammed instrument cluster back from MoTech
main.php

And the correct color center console (we exchanged the gray one for the tan)
main.php

Krynn

Just curious: Since you are changing the center console anyway, couldn't you have installed one from a 2012+ and controlled the tap-shift function with the controls on the newer shifter?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:eek:Wow, 20 mph just at idle.:cheesy:

Damn straight!! :cheesy:

So the bump shift is just that small switch? Im sure I missed it, but where will it be mounted?

I talked to MoTech about this and they recommended mounting it on the side of the steering column but, I may have to consider what Turnkey is going to do for Moochie.

Just curious: Since you are changing the center console anyway, couldn't you have installed one from a 2012+ and controlled the tap-shift function with the controls on the newer shifter?

Yes, this was an option and one we had considered.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Time to get working on Moby again!! To start off, finish installing all the new sensors and add some fresh oil :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372103163.247973.jpg

Top Bottom