It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

Wow! I just read this whole thread from stem to stern. Early on I was thinking I would ask, "Now that you've had the LS for a year, what do you think?" :cheesy:

Note to self, bump this thread in 2015.

Moby looks amazing, btw!

New GM cats for Moby. Thanks Derek for your help getting these!

main.php

This set-up causes the exhaust to run down the passenger side. Did you have to chop it up to make it run down the driver side?

Doing some maintenance on Moby today and noticed something was a bit off....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400297236.662778.jpg

And no, Off Road Evolution did not install this EVAP canister relocation bracket.

Doing some maintenance on Moby today and noticed something was a bit off....

View attachment 83397

And no, Off Road Evolution did not install this.

What the hell was that bolted to? The tub bolts for the rear brake line hanger? Am I seeing things or did it just pull straight out of the tub?

No way those hanger bolts are backed enough to support the weight of the EVAP.

What the hell was that bolted to? The tub bolts for the rear brake line hanger? Am I seeing things or did it just pull straight out of the tub?

No way those hanger bolts are backed enough to support the weight of the EVAP.

Good eye. As a matter of fact, a part of the mounting plate was secured to those studs on the bottom of the tub. Unfortunately, the other part was secured to the spring perch which is part of the frame. Of course, being that the JK's come with true body mounts that are isolators which allow for significant movement, this setup was doomed from the start. Truth be told, had this thing been secured to the e-brake line hanger bolts alone, it might of had a better chance of not breaking off.

Wow! I'm kinda surprised they didn't figure that kind of setup might be a bad idea on a rig that clearly gets heavily flexed (both at speed and through the rocks).

Last edited:
Wow! I'm kinda surprised they didn't figure that kind of setup might be a bad idea on a rig that clearly gets heavily flexed (both at speed and through the rocks).

In all fairness, Moby was delivered to them without having anything done to the EVAP. I think they just did what they could with what they had. I should have given everything a good look back then but took it for granted that things would be done right.

On the plus side, you have two new drain holes in the tub. :crazy eyes:

Actually, I think they just broke at the weld so there aren't any holes or, nothing too big anyway. Just gotta figure out a better fix for this.

Was the EVAP canister moved? Was the EVAP canister relocated when you installed the Dynomax exhaust?

Looks like it is where the muffler used to go?

R/
Will

I wanted to thank you for the detail in this thread. I am doing an LS Swap right now and your pictures and writeup has been very helpful. Dont take the thread down or I will have a heart attack. :brows:

Brand new to this forum, signed up when I saw this thread

First off, I've seen the Wayalife videos on youtube and loved them. I'm in AZ, was surprised to see that you've done a lot of trails out here.

I am working with a local guy to get the EVO bolton coilovers front and rear coupled with the Double D. I am also coordinating a 6.0 LS swap with Motech. I'm only on page 11 of this thread, but I wanted to ask this now since my JKU is scheduled for the swap soon.

Has anyone know of bolt on skids compatible with the LS swap? I asked ORE about theirs and they said that their skid kits will not work. I'm guessing because parts of the kit bolted onto the motor?

Anyway, I don't want to go crazy with the armor, I just want something under there for the unexpected. If I have to stay stock, no biggie. If I have to get something custom-fabbed, then I'll start planning for it. I'm guessing if anyone knows of a good, compatible kit, it would be this crowd.

Thanks, in advance!

LF0D

Top Bottom