Jack stands and the like, tools

Chris1015

And you need torque wrenches too. I know it sounds like a lot, but think how much you pay to have it done. I'm by no means a mechanic, but I love wrenching on the Jeep. Once you put a budget boost on a Jeep a couple of times, it'll be easy to you. The first time is slow going.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah, partner I hear ya. I'm supposed to have a some stuff I can do on my own shipped to me before I head out to TJ in a few weeks/couple months for them to do more of the suspension stuff. Bumpers I'm sure, maybe rock bars on my own for the first couple I'm thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
While I've used the Harbor Freight stands for 5 or 6 years now (sometimes in shadier conditions than I would like to admit) they have never failed me, but I've been nervous on many occasions. I recently was doing a lot of work on the Jeep and wanted to feel safe while under it so I ordered up a pair of the 6 Ton US Jack jack stands D-41610. Made in the USA. Huge locking teeth/lugs, wide platforms, they are awesome, and not that expensive. I figured it wasn't worth skimping on safety anymore.
^^

This. I avoid Harbor Freight. That said, we all have different goals and budgets. But the most important part of any job is not getting hurt or killed doing it.

Top Bottom